High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Hyperemesis Gravidarum

I am 12 weeks pregnant and not seeing much relief from Hyperemesis Gravidarum.  I was diagnosed with my first child as having HG but it has been much worse this pregnancy with my second child.  I am curious if anyone else is going through this right now.  What has your doctor suggested for relief?  If you have already been through this, when did you see improvement?

I am currently on a continual IV to help with hydration as well as a zofran pump.  I take phenergan multiple times per day as well as prilosec once per day. 

I am feeling a little alone here.  Anyone else in the same boat?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hyperemesis Gravidarum

• Options

I was like that for the first part of my pregnancy.  I was in the hospital a few times getting rehydrated.  I found that sipping on juices/water/ginger ale/tea seemed to be OK (although not always).  I was also on 5 diclectin a day, with Gravol, and at times Ondansetron (that's what they give chemo patients).  I was always told that the it is really important to try and break the cycle of vomitting.  So if it starts getting out of control on you, go in to the hospital and get some heavier duty anti-nausea meds through your IV.  It should stop it for a bit or at least slow it down.

I totally understand how you feel.  33 weeks and still throwing up (although not as much as early on).  Mine slowed down significantly in the middle of the 2nd trimester. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"