Options

Done with my MIL. Done

Marion:  Bebe, come play with me

MIL:  No

Marion:  Bebe, please come play with mr

MIL: No

Marion:  Why?

MIL: Because I'm being mean

WTF?  I mean, seriously, WTF?  I don't think she was being sarcastic (because she never did go play with her) but even if she was being sarcastic, toddlers don't really get sarcasm.

Monday 9 am can't get here soon enough

Re: Done with my MIL. Done

• Options

My jaw dropped on that one.

Here's hoping today flies by for you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    wow. just wow. she sounds horrific.
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm right there with you.  I drew the line after 2 incidents...

1) asked her if she could watch the kids for 10 min so I could shower (I have a 2 week old baby at the time) answer = "I'd rather not"

2) before her last visit she called to inform me that she no longer does diapers...  She's "done her time"....

• Options

imagebpaullo:
    1) asked her if she could watch the kids for 10 min so I could shower (I have a 2 week old baby at the time) answer = "I'd rather not"

We didn't ask her if she'd watch the kids, we just told her we were going out for a date last night.  If we'd asked, she probably would have said the same thing.

We did ask her though if she would want to watch a movie with Marion (Marion got to stay up late last night to have special time with Bebe, yeah right) and her straight faced, serious reply was "Well, it depends on the movie."

• Options
    imagekat.in.the.hat:

imagebpaullo:

We didn't ask her if she'd watch the kids, we just told her we were going out for a date last night.  If we'd asked, she probably would have said the same thing.

We did ask her though if she would want to watch a movie with Marion (Marion got to stay up late last night to have special time with Bebe, yeah right) and her straight faced, serious reply was "Well, it depends on the movie."

:/ I'm so sorry Kat. That is ridiculous. 

• Options
    This makes me sad for so many reasons. I'm sorry. 
  • Options
    imagekat.in.the.hat:

imagebpaullo:

I don't get it..  How can people be so self centered?  I wouldn't waste another dime on plane tickets.  Not worth it.

• Options
    imagebpaullo:

I don't get it..  How can people be so self centered?  I wouldn't waste another dime on plane tickets.  Not worth it.

This.  Her relationship with her grandchildren is her responsibility.  So sad that she refuses to muster the energy to play with such a beautiful and precious granddaughter. I can't understand that at all.  I'm so sorry you had to deal with her all weekend.

• Options

Josh must have had a coming to Jesus talk with her or she just realized she was leaving because last night was better, but still, it's ridiculous.

Another example of her just, not caring - you can't spend more than ten minutes with Marion without realizing that she's obsessed with dinosaurs.  OB.SESSED.

So we opened birthday gifts from her last night and what did she get Eliza but a stuffed dinosaur.  Marion had tears in her eyes when she realized it was for Eliza and not for her.

The shittiest thing about this is that she's not mean spirited in her self centerness.  She doesn't do it to be like "I'm going to hurt this kid's feelings," there isn't any maliciousness in it, but she just lives so far inside her box that it's impossible for her to see anything outside of it and things like this repeatedly happen.

Thankfully she only comes every two years (or three) so hopefully we won't be going through this any time soon again.

• Options
    imagekat.in.the.hat:

Josh must have had a coming to Jesus talk with her or she just realized she was leaving because last night was better, but still, it's ridiculous.

Another example of her just, not caring - you can't spend more than ten minutes with Marion without realizing that she's obsessed with dinosaurs.  OB.SESSED.

So we opened birthday gifts from her last night and what did she get Eliza but a stuffed dinosaur.  Marion had tears in her eyes when she realized it was for Eliza and not for her.

The shittiest thing about this is that she's not mean spirited in her self centerness.  She doesn't do it to be like "I'm going to hurt this kid's feelings," there isn't any maliciousness in it, but she just lives so far inside her box that it's impossible for her to see anything outside of it and things like this repeatedly happen.

Thankfully she only comes every two years (or three) so hopefully we won't be going through this any time soon again.

That makes me want to cry! She is such a sweet girl. Your MIL is really missing out. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  My heart breaks for sweet Marion. :(
    Wyatt James born September 14, 2008
  • Options

I'm so sad for Marion... and sad for MIL too. MIL is going to miss out on these precious moments and CAN.NOT get them back. One of these days, hopefully soon, she will wake up and realize what she is doing not only to this sweet, precious, innocent little girl, but also to herself.

Being a grandparent is a gift - if she wants to squander that gift, shame on her. And so sad for all of those people who she is hurting with her (in)actions. 

I'm so sad for you all. :(

• Options
    Grrrrr.. makes me wished I would have kicked her for you on Saturday : P
    Crazy Christmas Kids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"