South Florida Babies
Options

No more C-sections!!!

Hi!

After starting out at a maternity center and ending up with an emergency c section  an awful labor experience and a horrible obnoxious Dr. I think this time around im entitled to a good labor! and a fantastic Dr. with an outstanding bed side manner!  Does anyone know where I can find a OBGYN male or female in south Florida who will do V-Backs after c sections and is nice to there patients? 

Please help! I cant seem to find anyone.. I want more kids.. but the more C sections I have the more dangerous it is! I am 4 weeks pregnant with my 2nd and I am looking for a good doc!!

Re: No more C-sections!!!

• Options

I go to Women's Healthcare Partners in Boca (south) off of SW 18th Ave and Powerline. They do VBACs. I had a c-section after 24 hours of labor with my daughter, and we briefly spoke of a VBAC with my son, but I opted for a repeat c-section with him, and it was fine. Luckily I recover VERY easily from my c-sections. Also, my OB told me during my son's c-section that my uterus looked great (not too thin) and I could have many more babies / c-sections in the future if I wanted. My close friend has had 4 c-sections, and each of her children are all 12-18 months apart, and each surgery went smoothly! So although the current recs don't advice a lot of c-sections, 3 or 4 is def. do-able!

Congrats and good luck!

Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Dr. David Lubetkin and Dr. Delisa Skeet.

https://amazingbirthsandbeyond.com/resources you can scroll down and find their info

Good luck and congrats!

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on your pregnancy. I started a search for a vbac provider a couple of months ago. I wanted to deliver in Miami dade and the only practicioner I found that was vbac friendly was Dr. Apollon. I went in for a consolation and we were on for a potential vbac. Something completely unexpected happened early in my pregnancy and I was not too happy with the care( basically back and forth on what was happening to me and how it should be treated. Also not the best bedside manner in the situation). I just didn't feel comfortable with the whole thing so I'm back with my old OB and will be doing a RSC. My last section was fine, I was just hoping to avoid the surgery if possible, especially with a 2 year old to care for along with the newborn. Others have had great things to say about her so I would suggest you meet her. After all that practice is the only one that says they do vbacs in miami and actually does them. I think I've heard of other doctors but I'm not familiar since they are too north for me. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Dr. Spence

Dr. Muir

Dr. Magliore

Dr. Aronson (hollywood)

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Options
    imageg8orell:

I go to Women's Healthcare Partners in Boca (south) off of SW 18th Ave and Powerline. They do VBACs. I had a c-section after 24 hours of labor with my daughter, and we briefly spoke of a VBAC with my son, but I opted for a repeat c-section with him, and it was fine. Luckily I recover VERY easily from my c-sections. Also, my OB told me during my son's c-section that my uterus looked great (not too thin) and I could have many more babies / c-sections in the future if I wanted. My close friend has had 4 c-sections, and each of her children are all 12-18 months apart, and each surgery went smoothly! So although the current recs don't advice a lot of c-sections, 3 or 4 is def. do-able!

Congrats and good luck!

I also use the Women's Center mentioned above and I couldnt be happier!! I had a HORRIBLE C section experience back in 05 and I was so scared to think I would be going through that again next year. Dr. Feingold assured me and talked everything through. I'm not sure about the VBAC issue as I am having another C section but I know there are great Dr's there.

I have a 6 year old daughter named Angelina and she will soon be the big sister to BABY #2 :)BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Another vote for Women's healthcare partners. They have been terrific with me. I was not a good candidate for a VBAC so I opted for another c-section. So far I have had 3 sections.

Drs Rudolph and Feingold are the ones to see if you want a VBAC. They are awesome.

Someone above mentionned Aronson, a friend of mine had her VBAC with him and has nothing but good things to say about him.

• Options
    Good luck! I just had a VBAC and it was very empowering and amazing (to me, everyone is different of course). But mine was in Orlando so I don't have any recs for you
  • Options
    About a year ago womens health partners informed me they were going to change their VBAc policy. Also I saw Dr. Lubetkin at the beginning of this pregnancy, and he mentioned "big baby" and gave me bait and switch vibes. I am currently 23 weeks and seeing Dr. Skeete. She is amazing! I have full confidence that I will have a successful VBAC. I don't know about the other Dr's mentioned. Also Dr. Skeete delivers out of Broward General, and will allow you to do a water birth. Broward General is trying to revamp themselves and also have a more anti c-section, more natural birth approach. They even told me on a tour recently that they will follow your birth plan as long as your DR. has signed it. I also had 2 friends deliver with Dr skeete and highly recommended her. Neither of them was a c-section. Also check out ican-online for more info on c-sections and vbacs, it is best to start getting informed now, esp if you want a vbac. I have a 3 yr old and could not even fathom going through another c-sec and taking care of her and a baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"