Maryland Babies
Options

Poll: Wedding Rings and Pregnancy

Did you have to stop wearing your rings at some point in your pregnancy (due to weight gain, swelling, etc)? If so, when did you stop wearing them?

Did you then wear your rings on a necklace? wear a different ring? something else? nothing?

After you weren't pregnant anymore, when did your rings fit again? Did you start wearing them again?

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This

Re: Poll: Wedding Rings and Pregnancy

• Options
    I had to stop wearing my rings starting around the 8 month mark of my pregnancy.  My fingers just got too big....whether it was swelling or weight gain, I did not want to know.  It was kind of a process.  First my engagement ring got snug.....then a bit later my wedding band followed.  At that point I just did not worry about wearing anything.  The rings went in a basket until about a month after my daughter was born.  I am uncertain when they would have started to fit again, with all the demands of a new and second child, it did not cross my mind to try them on sooner.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Don't hate me. My rings have always fit pre, during and post pg. My fingers swelled a bit, but not much. Actually, my rings are a bit big now, but I think it's because I have large knuckles and skinny fingers.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My fingers got too swollen about 2 months before he was born.  I put them away in our safe and wore a sterling band I already had that was too big (when not PG).

I think my rings fit again about a week PP.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My rings got shelved during pregnancy... I honestly don't even remember when it was anymore.  I had had Fifth's Disease (aka slapped cheek disease) a few months before my BFP w/ DS, which is a very common childhood illness that I apparently picked up from a student in my classroom.  While it's really mild in kids (just usually resulting in the classic red rash on the face), for adults, it can also cause long-term joint pain and swelling (lasting a few months is very common), which is exactly what happened to me, so my fingers were swollen from that for quite a while and I couldn't wear my rings regularly anyway, so it was hit or miss in the early weeks of pregnancy. 

My feet started to swell at 21w pregnant w/ DS, so I'm thinking it was sometime after that that my e-ring stopped fitting (that went first b/c it had the thickest band and smallest ring size).  Then my wedding band stopped fitting (next smallest size), and eventually, my anniversary band stopped (biggest of the 3 rings I wear on that finger).

I was too scared to wear them on a chain for fear I'd break the chain and lose my rings, so they just stayed in their box at home.  I wore a fake band for the rest of that pregnancy.

They started fitting pretty soon after I had DS, but b/c I'm prone to swelling when I'm overheated and it was the summer, I didn't wear them much then.

So far, they still fit w/ this pregnancy.  I'm hoping that it'll stay that way a little longer since we're headed into (hopefully!) cooler weather here soon.

• Options

Did you have to stop wearing your rings at some point in your pregnancy (due to weight gain, swelling, etc)? If so, when did you stop wearing them? I think I stopped wearing them around 28 weeks. But I'm not really positive.

Did you then wear your rings on a necklace? wear a different ring? something else? nothing? I just put them in the jewelry box for safe keeping. I didn't wear anything else either.

After you weren't pregnant anymore, when did your rings fit again? Did you start wearing them again?I think I was able to wear my rings immediately. I gained a ton of water weight in that last two weeks.

• Options

My rings were tight pre-pregnancy because I was 30lbs more than I was when I got married Embarrassed So yeah, I had to take my band off pretty much right away when I got pregnant and I just wore my e-ring for awhile. I got a cheap CZ set of rings to wear around 6-7 months, just because I missed wearing my rings and neither fit at this point. The last month or so of my pregnancy, my hands were swollen a lot so I didn't wear any rings.

Now even though I got back to my pre-preg weight fairly soon, my rings still don't fit Sad And I'm so out of the habit of wearing rings that I am always forgetting to wear my impostor rings too. I miss my real rings!!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options
    With DS, both rings fit throughout my whole pregnancy. although a bit snug at the end. This time around, only my wedding band still fits. My e-ring stopped fitting around 20 weeks. I almost got it stuck a couple times so I decided it was time to put it away. I really miss wearing them as a set!!!!!!!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    They fit the whole time (always a little big) but I barely wear them. I find they spin too much and it irks me.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options
    I stopped wearing mine around 32-33 weeks. I wore a cheap CZ ring and still do, the rings don't fit yet, although I think (hope!) we're close.
  • Options

Did you have to stop wearing your rings at some point in your pregnancy (due to weight gain, swelling, etc)? Yes. I too gained weight after the wedding Crying If so, when did you stop wearing them? I think I was approx 15 weeks.

Did you then wear your rings on a necklace? wear a different ring? something else? nothing? I wear them on a long necklace and it stays tucked into my bra in between the girls.

After you weren't pregnant anymore, when did your rings fit again? Did you start wearing them again? I hope not too long after birth.

• Options
    I had to stop wearing them about a month before I gave birth because of swelling.  I wore them on a necklace and was able to wear them again about 3 weeks after giving birth.
  • Options

Did you have to stop wearing your rings at some point in your pregnancy (due to weight gain, swelling, etc)? If so, when did you stop wearing them?

I stopped wearing them at night around 33-34 weeks because my hands would swell overnight but I was always able to get them back on in the morning. 

When I had my c section they suggested I take them off because most people swell from all the fluids but I had no issues.

Did you then wear your rings on a necklace? wear a different ring? something else? nothing? 

No one saw me when I was sleeping so nothing.  I was very adamant that I would not leave the house without my rings on.  Something about being very pregnant and no ring on didn't sit well with me.

After you weren't pregnant anymore, when did your rings fit again? Did you start wearing them again?

I actually wear my rings less now.  While they still fit, the center stone on my e-ring scratches DD so I usually only wear my wedding band.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options
    My e-ring came off at 5 months pregnant and the wedding band a month later. I just put them away. I didn't feel safe with them on a necklace so they stayed in a drawer until about 8 weeks pp when they fit again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't want to jinx myself, but both my e-ring and wedding band still fit at almost 31 weeks.  They aren't too snug, and I don't have swelling anywhere else yet, so here's hoping!
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I got pregnancy eczema with both and my rings gave me a major rash so they went about 14 weeks, I never wore anything else.  With DS I was able to wear them again about 2 weeks later, with DD my wedding band is okay but ering still gives me a rash... maybe I'm just allergic to being married.  LOL!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

With Aiden, I wore my rings till I was wheeled in the OR for my c/s.  No swelling or anything.

With Claire.....I stopped wearing my rings when I was about 6 months pregnant (my watch, too).  My rings STILL don't fit.  I actually just had them resized, because at this point, I didn't think there was another solution.  My ring size has gone up a 1/2 size.  I didn't wear my rings on a necklace.  My rings are antique and I just didn't want to chance them getting snagged on something or damaged.

Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • Options
    I stopped wearing my rings in third tri the first time, and in second tri the second time. I put them away and didn't wear anything else. After #1 was born, they fit almost immediately. They still do not fit comfortably after #2, and she is 9 months old. Sad

• Options

I always wore my rings during pregnancy--I never had a swelling issue anywhere and since my rings fit throughout my whole pregnancy and right after, they never came off.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I took them off maybe a month before she was born, but I think they still would have fit til the end. After she was born it was at least a few weeks before I even thought to try them on again. In the hospital I dont think they would have fit since I got so many fluids and had the biggest cankles I've ever seen!
  • Options

w/ DD I didn't take them off until I was in labor & had been hooked up to fluids, then it was scary getting them off- they went back on 2 weeks later, which was around the time that most of the fluid/bloating seemed to go away- I was terribly swollen from being on IVs for so long.  w/DS my engagement ring which is like barely half a size smaller than my wedding ring stopped fitting right before my EDD, was able to put it back on like a week after he was born. 

Did you then wear your rings on a necklace? wear a different ring? something else? nothing?  wore nothing when I couldn't wear my rings after having DD. w/ DS I just wore my wedding band solo for about a week. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I had to take mine off right away.  I had gained weight right before I got pg- about 15-20 pounds.  I was also anemic when I got pregnant, which made my hands and feet sweel up right away.  Between that and the heat/humidity of being on our honeymoon the rings had to come off.

Usually nothing.  I had a couple nice pieces of costume jewlery that I would wear on occassion.

I still cannot wear my rings.  My ring finger is still 2 sizes larger than my e-ring.  It makes me want to cry.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

With DD I took my rings off around 16 weeks.  And I bought the biggest fake diamond I could find at Target.  I couldn't get them back on until DD was about 14 weeks old.

With this pregnancy, I'm just at the tail end of wearing my rings.  I could get them on yesterday but I had a tough time today. I'm hoping the cooler weather will deflate my bloating a little and I'll be able to wear them longer in the fall.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"