North Carolina Babies
Options

Bedtime sippy question

How old was DC when you dropped a bedtime sippy? We've lowered the amount so she's only getting 3 oz right now, but we're wondering how long we should keep it up.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bedtime sippy question

• Options
    I believe at about 18-19 months we dropped it entirely. Now she doesn't get anything after dinner, unless she specifically asks for it.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    Once we went totally to sippies, I stopped with certain times...he gets milk at meals and then if he asks for something other times in the day, we'll give him something, but other than that, we don't really do anything before bed or specific like that anymore. Seems to work fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

J never drank milk (still won't!), so when he stopped nursing around 13-14months, he stopped getting anything at bedtime. Even then he wasn't nursing much at all around bedtime anyway after about 12 months.

J never got anything after dinner time until the last few weeks. He's been asking for a snack & water after bath/before bed, so he's just now started getting a very small bedtime snack. 

• Options

imagetracelini:
    Once we went totally to sippies, I stopped with certain times...he gets milk at meals and then if he asks for something other times in the day, we'll give him something, but other than that, we don't really do anything before bed or specific like that anymore. Seems to work fine.

Ditto! We dropped the nighttime nursing session around 15 months, and he doesn't get anything after dinner unless he asks   

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    Probably around 14-15 mo.  The girls eat dinner only an hour before they're in bed unfortunately (just the way time works with us both working) so they're not usually that thirst etc. before bed.  But DD#1 always wants a sip of water after brushing her teeth and occassionally DD#2 will ask for water also but not consistently.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My son is almost 3 and still gets one to take to bed.  He pretty much always has something to drink available because he's usually thirsty.
  • Options

imageCarahN:
    My son is almost 3 and still gets one to take to bed.  He pretty much always has something to drink available because he's usually thirsty.

Caleb sometimes takes a sippy of water into his room   

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    My DD is 18 months old and gets a sippy of milk in the morning and another at night. I can't give her milk during the day, because she runs around so much and with the heat, it's made her sick before. 
  • Options
    18 months
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"