Blended Families
Options

Brief update - With an Update

The hearing was this a.m.  They spoke with DD and then called us.  We had an opportunity to speak with the panel (about ten people from various organizations) and they interjected with questions.  They spoke with us about fifteen minutes and discussed just the health issues.  They were doing goodbyes and I cut in with "what about safety issues?" so we talked another ten or so minutes.  They asked some pretty pointed questions that I thought showed they'd done some pretty deep thinking and research on the subject.

The caseworker is asking for all of Kiddo's medical records from when she lived with us before.  Since this is one of the biggest issues, I have to think they're considering placement with us.  At least I hope it's under consideration.  Yay that I had the records and kiddo received regular care with pediatric healthcare providers.

We received a message asking us to be part of a plan and wondering if we were still interested in placement with us, either long-term or short term.  Heck yeah.

PHONE CALL THIS MORNING - We are meeting next week; I have the girls and grandson (other daughter) next week for Y-camp and a Labor Day weekend trip to the beach (yeah, we're *those* grandparents - lol).   Things are looking positive and I think the prayers and well-wishes will come to pass  :-)  However, I'm not looking forward to being in the meeting where/when the news is broken to her.  THAT is going to be crappy and hard and difficult and painful and...

This too shall pass (?????)

Photobucket

Re: Brief update - With an Update

• Options

We received a message asking us to be part of a plan and wondering if we were still interested in placement with us, either long-term or short term.  Heck yeah.

Really???  OMG I hope I am not wrong but this kinda tells me they are going to remove the kids from her.

Is it both kids or just older GD?  I truly hope it is both, I can't bear the thought of younger GD being left behind. 

I am praying for you lady.

I honestly just took a few minutes to say a prayer that you get these babies. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Reading this I remember your story now. T&P and best of luck!! Do you know when you can expect to find something out?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Now I remember your situation.  I hope it works out - all my thoughts and prayers to you.
  • Options
    How can they even ask if you would want placement?  Tons of T&P for you!!
  • Options
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, although it sounds like they will be making the right decision.
  • Options
    Good luck!
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"