Long Island Babies
Options

first birthday

My son will be one on November 19. I am torn between having grandparents and great grandparents at the house for cake, or a 50+ person brunch at a restaurant  with a clown and 8 other children from ages1-3. Any thoughts??

Re: first birthday

• Options

Hmm...I had a party with 80 people for my son's party, that being said, it was in June so I was able to use my yard! If not, that wouldn't have happened. It is really a matter of how much you want to spend on a party. Thoughts on the clown: I was a clown and did characters for a few years as a side job, and I can honestly say when the kids are that young, they either get scared, or cannot be bothered, and it always seemed like such a waste of money for those families so you might not want to bother with that this year. I know some companies, including the one I worked for if you want the number, would send out just people too that would do dances, face painting, and balloons and stuff like that. It might help make the kids more comfortable with the situation if you feel the need to do something.

My aunt had a brunch type thing for my cousin at that age and she just bought a bunch of cheap arts and craft type stuff from oriental trading, and laid it all out at one or two booths in the same room as the party and let the kids go to town. Just another idea.

I will check back to see if you want the number to that company I worked for.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"