New to The Bump
Options

Hello & a question

I wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone.  My name is Betsy and I have not been on the nest in a few years now.  Life has been crazy but and enjoyable ride so far.  DH & I have been married 3 years (yikes!) come October and we have finally decided to work on getting pregnant which is exciting although scary when you really think about the changes it brings. I am currently a college student and we are in hopes to be pregnant soon so that we will deliver next summer to prevent me from missing a lot of classes.  That being said I know its not on my time line and I can't force things but that is what we are hoping for.

I finished up my last pack of pills today and we have no plans to get more at this time.  I was just wondering how long it took others to pregnant after going off the pill?  I realize everyone is different but I am curious about it.  My sis seemed to have a hard time after she went off the pill and I am worried we might too.           Thanks for any input!
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

Re: Hello & a question

• Options

Welcome! Some people's cycles go right back to "normal" after coming off the pill (mine did) but don't be surprised if you have wonky cycles for a few months...it may take your body a while to adjust.

It can take a healthy couple up to a year to get PG so, I guess the advice would be be prepared for it to happen right away but don't be surprised or worried if it doesn't.

Check out the TTGP (Trying to Get Pregnant) board and read the "newbie" link at the top in green. GL! 

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hi and welcome to The Bump!

I was on the pill for 10 yrs (medical reasons got on it as a teen) before TTC. We went off the pill for a month and didnt try right away just because I wanted to make sure I was on my prenatels for at least 60 days. So by the time the second month rolled around I was all pre vitimaned up and we did try and BAM! Due in Dec with our first bundle of joy Big Smile

Dont be discouraged if it takes a little while for you guys... everyone and every situation is a little differnt. There is a board for "Trying to get pregnant". You might wanna check out the board there and see what others are saying and what they are going thru.

Best of wishes!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Technically it took me 10 months BUT that was because I had PCOS and didn't get diagnosed until the end of September (stopped taking the pill in January). Once I got diagnosed and on medication for my condition, I conceived that first month. If you're wanting to figure out how your cycle works, I highly recommend getting those ovulation sticks. Those are actually what told me I had to see a doctor right away. I took them for the 10-14 days or however long they said to take them and I wasn't ovulating in any of them. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"