February 2011 Moms
Options

Please help me, I'm falling apart.

I have sleep trained my daughter a total of 3 times now (no mother should have to listen to her baby cry that much.) We've tried tylonal, advil, elevating her bed, recently put her on zantac (for other reflux reasons also) which helped for 2 days/nights but last night she woke up EVERY 45 MINUTES fussing/crying! 

We have bedtime routine with bath at 7:30, a bottle, book and then bed while drowsy around 8:30pm. I follow all the directions and while she falls asleep pretty well, just will not sleep through the night for more than a few days at a time! 

What am I doing wrong? What tips/tricks worked for you? A pregnant woman NEEDS more than 1 hour of sleep at a time.

(And don't say DH. He doesn't hear her cries at night, and if I made him wake up to take care of her it would take him 10 minutes to get out of bed and at that point I'm already wide awake. He sleeps like a zombie.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Please help me, I'm falling apart.

• Options
    Is bedsharing an option for you? I know not everyone is comfortable with it, but it might be a temporary solution just so you can get some sleep. I've also read about babies that were sensitive to the type of fabric their pjs are made from. Is it too bright? Too dark? Hot? Cold? Is she sleeping on her back or belly? New formula? Sensitivity to solids or something in your milk? I hope it passes and you get some sleep!!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We bedshare, which while it doesn't eliminate the middle of the night wakings, it does limit the disturbance.  Typically Ladybug will go to bed about 8 in  her bed, wake about 3 to eat and then she comes to bed with us for the rest of the night. 

Also depending on how much your LO eats during the day, they may not necessarily sleep through the night yet.  Ladybug does not get enough to eat during the day, as she is so easily distractable, she just refuses.  Because of this, she wakes up at 3 am starving and nurses at 3, and then at 6.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmmm... maybe thats why she is waking and tends to sleep better after her bottle at 6 am? I would love to bedshare, except she tosses and turns as much as I do, and I am afraid with my growing belly that bedsharing will be very difficult soon.
  • Options
    When L was up every hour a couple of weeks ago I thought it was because she was hungry, so I upped milk and solid feedings, but to no avail.  Turns out she wanted fresh/cool air while she slept and now she sleeps great with the window open.  At first it was 1-2 times waking for a week, now she's hardly once, and last night no times awake.  She also sleeps in our room so she's easy to get to and she can smell/hear us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Hmm. Thats interesting. Only problem is we have loud neighbors and I'm afraid they'd wake her up if we opened the window?
  • Options
    What do you do when she wakes?  Do you sooth her back to sleep.  If so then she is probably a light sleeper and not a good self soother, so you might want to check out things that help her sleep deeper, like a white noise machine. And something that is soothing to her like a half swaddle by wrapping blanket around bottom half, or sleeping in a swing.  If you thin, she might not be getting enough to eat, how about giving your LO a bottle at each wake? Until then, to get a little more sleep why don't you get a large co-sleeper or move her crib next to your bed.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. She did pretty well last night with Tylonal, a nightlight and a half swaddle. So fingers crossed its just teething right now and it gets better. :)
  • Options
    Tylenol for teething pain and not as a sleep aid right?
  • Options
    My little man has to have a fan on...but when he is teething all bets are off. However, he is so exhausted I just lay him back down on his belly about 2-4 times (Depending on how many times he stands up) while patting his butt and he falls asleep with the help of his white sound machine.  Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"