Northern California Babies
Options

Ooooh joy. I'm going to need some entertainment today, ladies.

PLEASE post a hello or a funny story or something in this thread.  I'm working today but I can't post from work. I do read though and I'd love to hear from you.  Here's where I'm at:

My new full-time gig is actually going pretty well.  I'm now the music teacher and the librarian (fancy!).  The problem is- we lost ALL of our cataloging of the library over a year go and the place is a MESS.  I finally got it all organized, color-coded, shelved, etc, but now the sucky part is.... I have to take every book off the shelf and enter it in to the computer (the barcode has to be physically scanned).  Wed & Thursday I did about 400 books.  That was one case... I have six more cases to go.  

For someone like me, who cannot STAND to sit still or not talk for more than 10 minutes, this is like my contrapasso.  It's an Inferno up in that Library, ladies.   Torture doesn't begin to describe it.  It's awful.

To top that off, tonight when we get home guess who's "stopping by" right at, of course, 5:30 PM, and of course they are not expecting dinner, just want to stop by?  Oh yeah that's right, my ILs.  Because Alex's bday was Tuesday and they didn't call til 9 PM.  Asking if they could stop in (not for dinner, of course) at 5:30 Thursday.  

Because we get home from school at 5:30 and my boys are in the bath by 6:30.  Which I've told them how many times? Yep, uh hunh.  That's fine. 

I told DH to pick up pizza which I don't want to eat because I weigh in tomorrow morning- so me having pizza here and somehow not eating it- contrapasso #2 of the day.  And seeing my ILs is just the icing on that delicious cake that is today.  Ick!

So my life could way be worse but if you have a ray of sunshine to offer I'll take it.   La la la la.  I may need a Starbucks today.  Surprise

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Ooooh joy. I'm going to need some entertainment today, ladies.

• Options

How old are the kids in your school?  The first thing that popped into my head is if you can get the older grades to volunteer to do this scanning BS for you, maybe for some sort of credit.  Or even for some sort of detention?  I'd try to get out of it, and pass it on to the students!  But I'm lazy like that.  :-)

Not very entertaining - just trying to get you out of this mess!

• Options

We totally pass tedious jobs on to students, too.  Detention or even just for something to do when they're not in class- students love to help with tedious jobs at the middle school level, I've discovered.  Very handy.

I have a story for you, although I may have told it on this board before.  When H was a newborn and we didn't have a glider yet, I was sitting up in bed to nurse at night.  The Husband would usually sleep while I nursed, then get up to rock her back to sleep.  Well, I was in the middle of nursing her and all of a sudden he FLEW out of bed.  I was annoyed because he startled the baby (and me), and asked him what the *** was wrong.  "Something's wet!" he yelled, wiping his arm and leg and looking around on the bed.  

It was breastmilk.  Baby had unlatched, sending a fountain of breastmilk in The Husband's direction, all over his exposed legs and arms.  I had no idea that I was spraying breastmilk all over the bed, because I hadn't turned the light on.  By the time we re-latched, his side of the bed was sprinkled with Mama's Best.

PM me for our family/baby blog

Haley Beth ~ March 3rd, 2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ugg to the visit from your ILs.  At least they're consistent I suppose.

I may have told you this Lainie funny already - hopefully not.

P was getting her dressed to go to a princess birthday party (come dressed as your favorite princess).  He asked her to put on her panties.  She responded: "Daddy, GOOD princesses wear panties.  Bad princesses do NOT wear panties."  He asked "What kind of princess are you?"  She thought about it for a couple of seconds, and then put her panties on.  I am guessing he breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Hope your day of tedium isn't too awful.  And you can always escape to bootcamp with me tonight instead of spending the evening with the ILs!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

See, I'm crazy because the catalog project sounds like so much fun to me, lol. The IL visit on the other hand...I'd be eating the pizza for sure. ;)

About a month ago Henry got really into saying "thank you" after anything. However, his "th" sounded distinctly like an "f." You can see where this is going. So, he is home from school and I'm running around trying to get dinner going and he's begging for a snack. I grab some crackers to hold him over and he sits on the floor right next to where I'm standing. He asks for a cracker and then says "fank you." Hmmmm...what was that? Fank You. Um, yah...it so seriously sounded like F*ck You that the kiddo ended up eating 8 crackers before dinner because I kept having him repeat himself. ;)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Okay here's a few things to throw some funny and/or perspective into your day.

First off, you need to have some get up & go music blaring while you scan those books.  I'm thinking you may even be able to work in some Jazzersize moves in there and burn even more calories for your weigh in tonight.

Some funny with the F Word, cause I'm in that kinda mood today.     When DC was just starting to talk, he repeated a lot, but like lots of tots he didn't yet have the tongue movements down quite right so most of what he said was foreign to the general public except for a few choice words of course.   When we'd see a fire truck, DC would shout at the top of his little lungs, "Fire F*ck, Fire F*ck!"  Like most little boys, he loves anything truck (or f*ck), but for large trucks with big wheels not of the Fire variety, we got this, "Big C*ck, Big C*ck"  Oh the joys of parenting.

And finally some perspective... at least with all of that you don't have a UTI.  Woke up with one this AM, but somehow am able to see past the pain through to the funny.  It's gonna be a pisser of a day.

• Options

I got nothin'.  I'm all hopped up on cold drugs but feeling a little better.  Yesterday I was totally that awful person in the office -sneezing and sniffling all morning long.  Ugh, don't you hate that guy?!??  Yeah, that was me. 

Anyway, I'm also one of those crazies who would enjoy the whole barcode scanning party, lol.  I'd put my Mp3 player on and shake my bon bon all day long whilst scanning books!  But I dig stuff like that... Bringing order to chaos without actually having to do much work.  ;) 

Sorry you've got a lame day ahead.  Boooo!!  Hope you can at least find some entertainment and support. 

Oh, and my kid was another one who sounded like he was swearing like a sailor when he was first learning to talk.  I enjoyed it so much!  ;)  Anything to shock the grandmas -and it's not like they could get mad b/c the sweet little guy just didn't know any better!  HA!  I should've taught him to flip the bird and just told them he was trying to say they were #1.  OH!  You should totally do that w/S!!  Teach him to flip the bird at the ILs (only)!!  Oh man, that would be legendary!! 

• Options

Sadly your ILs remind me so much of mine!  The whole dropping by on the weekdays right at dinner time... I would be having quite a few slices of pizza to cope with that!

I dont have any funny stories, but i did almost spit my water out reading J's "fire f**k" story! 

And go for that Starbucks! I think i need one after reading about your day =)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Previously posted as "denisethebride"
  • Options

i curse, all the time. Cant help it, its who i f'n am. So yesterday Orion was being very whiney, and annoying the heck out of me and Lexi. We had the following (flameworthy im sure) conversation.

Me: Orion quit being a Little Sh!t

Orion : Mommy, thats a bad word.

Me: Then quit being a bad word. (laughing a little bit)

Orion: Im not being a bad word, im being a Lazy Bean.

I have no idea what a Lazy Bean is, but it was funny!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks for all your stories ladies.  It did help yesterday. 

ILs ended up coming at 6 because they didn't want to end up watching us eat.  (WHAT).  She brought dessert, whatever.  

Do you guys remember when Alex had that 7-day long fever and I made the drs do all those tests on him?  Well, at one point, they told us that it was a slight chance he could have Kawasaki's disease (like, VERY slight, I didn't even say anything to anyone about it because the chance was so slim).  Well, I guess DH told them so guess what made the birthday poem?!?  

"We remember a call we got from your dad,

which made us feel so terribly sad.

He said the dr thought you had a very bad disease

But we prayed and God healed you, we were so pleased."

Yeah cause that's TOTALLY a landmark event of the year that the kid needs to remember, yes?!?!  It ended up to be a virus, BTW.

After they left DH and I came to a new agreement:

NO MORE WEEKNIGHT VISITS.  Party!!!

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Surprise

She is insane. 

And yay for no more weeknight visits!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lovely poem.  Next year's might feature: I'm so glad the house didn't fall down on you last night.  I prayed for you to be alright.  God heard my words and all was well.  Too bad your mom will rot in Hell.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"