North Carolina Babies
Options

to move or not....

We are thinking of moving Grant to his toddler bed this weekend. He is still sleeping great in the crib, and has never tried to climb out. I guess I just want to move him because it seems like he is the right age and he is interested in potty training and we are going to start working on it soon. But I am also scared of messing up his sleep habits. If you been through this would you move him now or wait until he is climbing out?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: to move or not....

• Options

It's up to you if you want to wait or not.  We waited.  Liam was happy in his crib, so I saw no reason to move him until he was ready. We moved Liam into his big boy bed when he turned 3 and have no regrets about waiting.

Also, we PTed while he was still in the crib.  At this age, they can't use the potty by themselves during the night anyway, so it really doesn't matter at all if they're in a crib or bed for PTing.

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If he's sleeping well and isn't climbing out of his crib, then I wouldn't rock the boat. That's just me though.  Good luck with your decision! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We moved both girls before they were even close to being able to climb out the bed and it went well for us.  We moved Claire two weeks ago (20 mo. old) and she sleeps great, even better, than she was in the crib.  She's only gotten out of the bed maybe two times to get a book to bring in bed and then proceeded to fall asleep.  We've had no issues with her transition at all.  I'm glad we moved her -- she loves her big girl bed and wants us to always read books on her bed instead of her big sisters bed now.

I personally didn't want to wait until they could climb out.  IMO, it only takes one fall to potentially break an arm, etc.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"