February 2011 Moms

What is this?

What is this Ferber thing that everyone keeps on talking about? Please shed some light.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What is this?

• He is a childhood psychologist that helped develop the cry it out method of getting babies to sleep. Sometimes the CIO method is called Ferberizing, making his last name into the verb. It's just one way to sleep train, but it seems to be one of the most popular. It has been around for quite a long while.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagenbeseau:
    He is a childhood psychologist that helped develop the cry it out method of getting babies to sleep. Sometimes the CIO method is called Ferberizing, making his last name into the verb. It's just one way to sleep train, but it seems to be one of the most popular. It has been around for quite a long while.

You should do some research,  they are actually not the same at all.  The are both sleep training methods but Ferber does not utilize CIO. 

ETA-  I would also like to add that I have not used any type of sleep training besides a normal routine because for some unknown reason my baby likes to sleep.  Yes, I know how freaking lucky that makes me and I am not rubbing it in.  I just wanted to make sure that OP knew that there is a difference between the two.

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • He uses CIO but with interval checking.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies, not to brag but I wont need this Colleen has STTN, everynight since 3 weeks of age, LOL. I got lucky I guess
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagewyldirishrose12:
    Thanks ladies, not to brag but I wont need this Colleen has STTN, everynight since 3 weeks of age, LOL. I got lucky I guess
    You best start knocking on wood right now!

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"