Austin Babies
Options

Opinions on GMC Terrain or Chevrolet Equinox

I'm needing to get into another vehicle and I'm looking into small SUV's. These two appear in my price range. Anyone have one or been in one? Any opinions? 

Re: Opinions on GMC Terrain or Chevrolet Equinox

• Options

Quoting DH:

You can a better gas mileage with the Terrain (you can get 4 cyl) and a 3rd row - neither of which you can do with the Equinox. 

Photo by Melissa Glynn
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I asked DH- he said that, in his opinion, the Equinoxes seem like they aren't as well-made. Between the 2, he would recommend the Terrain, which he said will have nicer options/ upgrades on it. 

He said that if he were looking at those he would also check out something like a Hyundai Santa Fe, which actually has really good safety ratings.

ETA- I opened up this reply and sat there with it for a while before posting. It made me laugh that atlantic's DH kind of said the same thing (and also that you're the only other reply right now). 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My MIL is selling her 2010 Equinox b/c she lost her job and just can't afford her payments now.  I have the details if you're interested.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My FIL and SIL both have an Equinox (2008s I think) and have not had any issues and really like them.
  • Options
    imagetxbabs111:

I asked DH- he said that, in his opinion, the Equinoxes seem like they aren't as well-made. Between the 2, he would recommend the Terrain, which he said will have nicer options/ upgrades on it. 

He said that if he were looking at those he would also check out something like a Hyundai Santa Fe, which actually has really good safety ratings.

ETA- I opened up this reply and sat there with it for a while before posting. It made me laugh that atlantic's DH kind of said the same thing (and also that you're the only other reply right now). 

I know! Told dh, z's wife also replied with his opinion, we thought it was funny. Figures!
    Photo by Melissa Glynn
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the input ladies. I'll probably test drive them this weekend. Nocal email me the info at ne ssia 23 at yah oo .c om
  • Options

My equinox is just okay...I don't love it but I don't hate it.  My main issue is visibility, but then again I'm really short.

Lemme know if you're going by Henna Chev for test drives by chance...I can get you the "family" treatment. ;)

• Options
    My mom has an Equinox and I drive it a lot when I visit my parents. I can't exactly remember the year, but I think it may be around 2007. I think it's "meh". It seems kind-of cheaply made. But that's something you should be able to tell easily from a test drive. I do like the amount of leg-room in the back seat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I've only test driven the Equinox- I wasn't a fan, but I did end up w/ a Jeep Grand Cherokee, which probably isn't your style, anyways. 

This is a good comparison of those two:

https://www.jsonline.com/business/67828922.html

• Options
    imageFireChiefsBride:

I've only test driven the Equinox- I wasn't a fan, but I did end up w/ a Jeep Grand Cherokee, which probably isn't your style, anyways. 

This is a good comparison of those two:

https://www.jsonline.com/business/67828922.html

What is really more my style is the GMC Arcadia but I'm trying to keep it under 30k. That article is interesting and I agree that based on looks alone the Equinox looks better imo and the Terrain is a little boxy but has more standard features. It will probably come down to who gives me a better deal for my trade in.
  • Options
    When I was in the market for a new car last year, I wanted a Terrain SO BAD, but we couldn't find one in the trim level I wanted in any of the colors I liked in Austin, San Antonio, DFW, Houston, or anywhere in-between. For the price, a Terrain seemed to be a really great value, and looked/felt much more expensive. My only complaint was that the center concole was LOADED with buttons, which, intil you learn where controls are located, could be a bad distraction while driving.

We also looked at Hyundai Santa Fes, and I liked that a lot as well, but DH had issues with the brand. In the end, we bit the bullet and bought a Pilot, with the intention of driving it longer, since it would grow with our family.
    Photobucket

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**the nestie formerly known as karen2508**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"