February 2011 Moms

OMG< my neighbor gave her 6 month old a fudgesicle.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER!? They we giving him baby food at 2 months, and now are giving him a fudgsicle. Does anyone else think this is irresponsible or am I way overprotective?

EDIT: It's not my place to say anything to her, but I need to vent it somewhere. Sorry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: OMG< my neighbor gave her 6 month old a fudgesicle.

• I think it is irresponsible, but there are people out there who do much worst when it comes to their children. Hopefully it's not an everyday occurance that the baby eats fudgesicles.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Like a whole fudgsicle? Or just letting him lick it?

I must admit I am guilty of letting my 6 month old taste some of my food (popsicles, melon, ice cream - just a lick or two) but I'd never actually sit him down with a full size snack of any kind.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagechardonnay24:

Like a whole fudgsicle? Or just letting him lick it?

I must admit I am guilty of letting my 6 month old taste some of my food (popsicles, melon, ice cream - just a lick or two) but I'd never actually sit him down with a full size snack of any kind.

This.

And when LO's new food was potatoes last week, I let her suck on a fry when we went out to eat. It wasn't a whole order or anything, just a lonely fry. I am a lot less crazy protective now than I was a couple of months ago.. 

• I let DS have a bite of my frozen yogurt on Friday.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh no, there are photos on facebook of him having eaten half of it by himself. Its all over his face too. She was giving him baby food at 2 months too. I just think she's too ready for him to grow up.
  • Yeah, I would side eye this big time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would side eye if the baby had half of it or was seriously eating it. A few tastes is no big deal to me. I let Isaac taste my DQ fudge sundae two weeks ago but I would never feed, feed it to him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree a lick or two is not a big deal. My brother gave his first DD who was born in 1997 solids waaaay before he was supposed to and she used to throw up everything. Doc said her little tummy just wasnt ready yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I totally agree ladies. I let Silvie taste a lot of my foods, but these images are of him EATING the fudgsicle And over half was gone. I don't know. I just think its wrong to give your baby that much chocolate/sugar/preservatives. Ugh.
  • eek seems a bit much to let them have the entire thing. =*(

But I am with everyone else I def let DS try things I am eating. He likes tomatoes and potatoes lol.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    By lilenatalem at 2012-01-28 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have to watch DH's family with our DD - his grandmother owns an ice cream stand and if we're down there, everyone will be trying to feed her ice cream all the time. She got her first taste of it at 4 months... which I wasn't exactly okay with. They want to get whole dishes of it for her! I try telling them a taste or two is okay but too much is a no-no!

People are strange.

Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"