New to The Bump
Options

Newbie: My first pregnancy.....38 wks

I need some serious brain storming..............Let's start with I was raised by my Dad and am not very close to my mother. My Dad was my comforter throughout life, my go to, my Hero. Sooooooo my mom thinks she is going to be in the room, although I never asked her to be, I am at 38 weeks and I have no clue how to break the news and I know it will blow up no matter what. It wont matter that I only want my Husband with me and that he is the only one I am comfortable with, I mean after all it took Us and God to make this Baby happen. Please give me some advice? My doctor/nurse say to let the hospital know asap and have them say its them. I'm litterally stressing over this.....help???? I dont want any drama, but I know thats all that will come from this. I am just not comfortable with anyone besides my husband and doctors being in the room with us.

Also, is anyone due in Sept? Im due Sept 5. :)

Re: Newbie: My first pregnancy.....38 wks

• Options
    Don't call anyone until the baby is born. Problem solved.
  • Options
    I mean honestly it seems strange that your mom would expect she'd be in the room if y'all aren't even close. I'd just be straight and say that this is how you'll feel most comfortable and that's that. It's not like you're picking someone OVER her to be there (other than your husband of course ;) And like you said, blame the hospital if you have to. My MIL barged in the room after DD was born while they were still sewing me up! So it's definitely good to set boundaries! :) good luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
      Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read-in-2012 shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The other option is, "The hospital says only one person can be in the room, and that will be DH."
  • Options

imageDr.Loretta:
    Don't call anyone until the baby is born. Problem solved.

I would personally go with this :) No one will really care once that little bundle of joy is born and they see him/her :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have a simaliar problem.. 36 weeks due September 22nd :) but due to preeclampsia i am being induced 3 weeks early on September 6th..  talked to my ob about it and he said he and the nurses would deal with it and simply tell her that its their policy that only DH can be in the room so thats what im doing.. saves me the stress..

?Kloies Mommy? Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"