D.C. Area Babies
Options

? about inova classes (childbirth express and c-section)

Hi - anyone take the inova c-section class? We are having a scheduled c because of placenta previa. The class has been cancelled twice (once because of low enrollment and tonight because of the earthquake (?!?)). I'm doubting we'll end up taking it - while we haven't officially scheduled the surgery, I think it'll be in the next 4 weeks. There's not another class scheduled before then though they may reschedule tonight's.

Anyhow, if you've taken the class, what will we miss? What do we need to know going into the c-section that we would have learned in the class?

Also, we're signed up for childbirth express but I'm thinking with a scheduled c we won't get much out of that so I'm planning to cancel. Any thoughts there?

Thanks.

Re: ? about inova classes (childbirth express and c-section)

• Options
    I would agree with skipping the childbirth express class if you know you're having a c-section. I took it, and it was mainly about the vaginal childbirth process. There wasn't much in the way of info. about the hospital itself except very general info., and I don't remember there being anything about c-sections. Are you doing a hospital tour?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I agree. I just took express this past weekend and I think c section was mentioned in passing. definitely take a tour (those are free!). i hope your csection class gets rescheduled!
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had a scheduled C-section at Inova Fairfax.  We took the regular childbirth class.  they spent one day talking about c-sections.  I'm sure it's the same.  

they went over the procedure, the steps you'll go through that day, recovery, etc.  If you have any specific questions, I'm happy to answer them.

Some pointers;  don't bring anything  into the delivery room.   DH won't be there when you get your spinal.  they'll bring him in later.  Don't forget a camera.  You'll be on a liquid diet for 24 hours after the surgery.  DH and the baby will go to a recovery room while you get stitched up-this might take a while.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks all. We did do the tour (and I actually went back for steroid shots... just in case... last weekend) so I'm getting familiar with Inova Fairfax. Looks like they're trying to reschedule tonight's class so hopefully we'll have a chance to take it.

smacb - thanks for the offer on specific questions. Right now I think I don't know what I don't know :-) I'll let you know if I do have questions.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"