March 2011 Moms
Options

XP from FB: another solid ?

we are in week three of rice ceral and building towards veggies. Do your babies who eat veggies still eat cereal too? How much of each? We have only been doing one tablespoon three times a day of the rice ceral. I know he could eat more but dr's orders. I am not sure if I should be buying another can or moving on from cereal.

I can't keep calling the dr about food stuff! I feel like i should know this. BEtter yet... does anyone have a book about feeding that is not a cookbook? I would love to be the mom that makes all Miles' food, but i don't even make my own!!

Re: XP from FB: another solid ?

• Options

We "skipped" rice cereal (tried it, but it constipated DS) and moved right to oatmeal. He still gets oatmeal either mixed or separate from his purees.

I don't know the exact proportions. I can eyeball about what he'll eat.

We wait 4 days between each new food, grains included. Once he has a food allergy tested, I can mix them together for a "new" flavor. So far, we've done rice, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, pears, avocado, bananas, and peas. Barley is next. Then squash, then apples. By the time he allergy tests all of that, he'll be 6 months old and ready for the next range of foods to try.

Here's a website... pretty much everything you need to know is on there. Obviously ignore the recipes and such and just read the parts about what to introduce and when.

https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/

• Options

I like you are a little lost on this whole solid thing.   We started LO on rice cereal at about 4.5 months and only fed in the evening before her last bottle.   We did that for 2 weeks.  Now for the last 2 weeks we have been trying 1/3 of a jar (small jars) of a different veggie/fruit in the evening in place of the cereal.  We alternate kinds about every 4-5 days so we've done 3 different things.  My Ped. said that before 6 months the eating is suppose to be viewed as "dessert" and is more for them learning and tasting new things than it is for nutrition.  I'm going to ask at my 6 month appointment how and when to start increasing the amount.   

I'm trying not to overly stress about the solids thing.  Just get her to try some new foods then at 6 months really start to implement it as an "eating" schedule as opposed to a "tasting" schedule.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"