Secondary IF
Options

SA results are in....HELP!

DH made the deposit yesterday and results are in already!  I am so trying to stay positive but am having a very hard time.  Low count 8million/cc and 2% morphology!  Thats two strikes.  I know we can work on the count....  But is it worth it?  I am also supposed to start Clomid and get an HSG next month.  Should I even bother?!  Off to make a urologist appt...
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: SA results are in....HELP!

• Options
    Don't be too hard on yourselves. It is definitely worth working on the count. My DH's count drops over 10 million when we aren't working on it. His first count was 15 mil. We switched him to boxers and got him on a regimen of vitamins and supplements. His most recent SA showed that we were up to 26 million! And that's just after a few months. Some men respond better than others, but it definitely helps! Also, I have known accupuncture to help a lot, too. There are a lot of options for you still. Don't get discouraged!
    Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Options

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement!  We will definitely get some fertility aid / vitamins.  Maybe I can even talk him into the accupuncture.  The morphology just makes me SO nervous...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Vitamin E and C together work well together and can help improve morphology. Also, drink lots of water. Chemicals and free radicals can cause morphology problems. Water and antioxidants can really help. Good luck!
    Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

Lou's Infertility News

• Options
    What do you guys mean by "working on it?"  My husband also has only 2% morphology as well and I've been feeding him Fertilaid for the last 3 months.  What else have you guys been doing?
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Options
    Your DH is taking the Fertilaid?  Has he been tested again since?  I just ordered the Fertility Blend.  I have also read boxers rather than briefs (my DH wears the boxer briefs....still tight), cut out caffeine and alcohol, etc....  My DH has been deployed 5x's to various locations and I am just wondering if that had anything at all to do with it....?  I guess we will never know.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, he's taking Fertilaid.  We met with the RE last week and he told him to come in and get tested again in September just to see if it's been helping.  He is not allowed to wear anything but boxers, no road biking/hot tubs, etc (lol) doesn't drink caffine, drinks socially ... He doesn't think he needs to go in and get tested again, but I will insist ;)  

• Options
    Well, I will be shopping for boxers tonight!  Best of luck with your DH's next test.  Hope his numbers are through the roof!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!  Good luck to you too!Lillinzlou, what has your DH been doing?  What are you feeding him?  I must know because that kind of a spike is amazing! 

• Options
    imageSaraevh:
    Lillinzlou, what has your DH been doing?  What are you feeding him?  I must know because that kind of a spike is amazing! 

I think it's mostly the boxers that have helped him. He runs really hot. But, he has been taking a lot of supplements. We never did buy a blend. He takes arganine, carnitine, zinc, vitamin c, lysine, and a daily multi. He is also very active. He works out at least 5 days a week and we cook most of our meals from scratch. Nothing in particular, just healthy. He also stopped drinking so much pop and drinks mostly water.

As for caffeine, he does take caffeine pills. I read somewhere that caffeine can effect different people in different ways. It said that if your count is low and you don't have any caffeine in your diet, then add a couple cups of coffee a day. DH doesn't drink coffee, so he started taking caffeine pills before he goes to the gym.

Who knows what has done the trick, but I have also heard a lot of good things about acupuncture. DH has gone a couple of times, but it has been so hard for us to find time this summer. We'll probably start up again in the fall if we're not K/U.

If your DH has been taking supplements, wearing boxers, and generally being kind to his "manhood" I'm sure his count will be improved next SA. From the small amount of research that I've done on morphology, it seems as though it can be due to toxins in the body. Any antioxidants you can add to DH diet would be a good idea. You can google it and find some really easy things to add into his everyday meals and beverages. Also, high amounts of vitamin e and vitamin c together. Good luck!

Lou's Infertility News

• Options
    Just realized that my google spell check highlighter got copied in with the post. How lame am I? Haha!

Lou's Infertility News

• Options

I say get the HSG and start clomid.  DH had the same issue with Morph, our RE at the time sat us down and explained that even though they had issues swimming they could still fertilize and egg with no problem.  I had the HSG done and we got PG the month the HSG was done with DS (picture below).  Complete suprise BFP, I was suppose to call as soon as AF showed up and I was 2 days late called the RE office they told me to take a test adn if it came up neg then to call them and they would call me in RX to start AF so I could get the cycle started. 

Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you can get it over 10mil, your chances with IUI go up.  :-)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
    M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
    DX: crappy quality & infrequent ovulation, mild MFI
    Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
    Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"