Canada Babies
Options

Tuesday.. Let's hope it's better than Monday!

Morning ladies,

Sooo I went to Walmart last night to buy a BBT and guess what? They don't sell them anymore! I had gone to Rexall a few days ago, couldn't find one there either. My last hope - Shoppers. Guess what BBT I bought? Yep, that's right. Life Brand. There were NO others!! Oh well, hopefully I won't need to temp long Wink

Re: Tuesday.. Let's hope it's better than Monday!

• Options

Morning!

rocky, good luck and have patience!  I found temping vaginally was a lot faster than orally, but I also sleep with my mouth open, so I got much more consistent temps temping vaginally too.

Yay Tuesday?  I'm loving this cool weather.  We opened up all the windows yesterday and the house feels so much fresher now.

Tomorrow morning I've got my first dr's appointment! (well, I'm seeing the nurse, but whatevs)  I have no idea what to expect.  Also, I'm tempted to POAS again, juuuuuuust to make sure.  I'm paranoid like that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'll start orally and see how it goes..

The weather has been awesome the last couple of weeks! My windows haven't been shut in at least a week lol loving the fresh, cool air. Although it makes me sad that Winter is coming.. but I looove Fall!

Ahh first doc appt, that's so exciting!! LOL i'm paranoid too, I'd probably use a bunch of HPTs just to double, triple, and quadruple check!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

So excited about the cooler weather.. it's so refreshing! Super exciting about your first appt Raynes!

I have the life brand BBT and I haven't had an issue with it. It doesn't keep the temp like it says but that's no issue.. I just write it down and go back to sleep when I don't have to get up for work. If you are trying to find a different one, I saw one at Zellers.

Rocky- I saw your post yesterday about makeababy.ca... I'm thinking about maybe getting some OPK and HPTs too. I wish they were as cheap as in the states tho :( but they are defnitely cheaper than in the stores.

• Options

Morning Ladies!

I actually wore a hoodie in to work today. I love fall weather. It's my favourite time of year for sure. 

Raynes - About your appointment tomorrow, you must be excited! Are you guys using a Midwife?

Rocky & megs - I ordered from makeababy.ca last night. It was $29.93 for  25 Ovulation Strips and 10 Pregnancy Test Strips. Not too bad. Not as cheap as the US but better then in store for sure. I'm excited. I rush shipped Embarrassed So I'll let you know how it goes when I get them.

Me: 32 / H: 35
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 1.0 - 6.18.2012 - She's here! Via C-section @ 38 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    6.25.2015 - He's here! Via VBAC @ 36 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 3.0 - 3.9.2017 - BFP @ 9 DPO! EDD 11.20.2017 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I'll keep the Life one until it dies lol but good to know Zellers has them!

It seems most things are cheaper in the States, I plan on doing some cross-border shopping when I'm pregnant or after the baby is born.

Here's some GTKY questions..

1. Baby gender preference?

2. Have you put the cart before the horse and purchased any baby items yet?

3. Must see tv show?

4. Currently reading? (or last book read)

5. Last concert attended?

6. Any pregnancy/baby/mommy fears?

• Options

Ohhh shopping in the states for baby items, that excites me! lol I love GTKY posts Big Smile

Here's some GTKY questions..

1. Baby gender preference? Of course either would be amazing but I would love a little girl. I have 3 nephews and another on the way (we don't know it's gender yet though) so a girl would be a nice change.

2. Have you put the cart before the horse and purchased any baby items yet? Just a "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and the "What to Expect After They're Born" books. I don't know why but I feel like I would be jinxing things if I bought anything before hand.

3. Must see tv show? For me it's Criminal Minds. It's my fav show.

4. Currently reading? (or last book read) I just started re-reading the Diana Gabaldon 'Outlander' series. I got the entire collection for Christmas last year so I'm re-reading them now.

5. Last concert attended? Bon Jovi in Hamilton last summer. Yummmmmm! We had floor seats and I was so close I almost cried lol

6. Any pregnancy/baby/mommy fears? Gaining weight. I'm already overweight and training hard to loose weight. I've managed to loose 15 pounds in the past 9 weeks but it's been hard fought and I'm scared to see a huge number on the scales when I step on during pregnancy.
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

1. Baby gender preference? Want 1 of each, but a boy first would be preferred

2. Have you put the cart before the horse and purchased any baby items yet? Coach diaper bag.. Embarrassed

3. Must see tv show? Summer = Big Brother, Fall = looooove Criminal Minds! (watch re-runs all the time on A&E), CSI Las Vegas, Blue Bloods, Big Bang Theory.. all sorts of random stuff I force H to watch lol

4. Currently reading? (or last book read) reading The Help, just read "The Single Girl's To-Do List"

5. Last concert attended? I'm proud of my concert attendances this year! Adele in May, Katy Perry and NKOTBSB Embarrassed in June, NKOTBSB again in August (won tickets) and Foo Fighters.. also going to see Kings of Leon in October Big Smile

6. Any pregnancy/baby/mommy fears? stretch marks! (how shallow is that??) and weight gain obviously, and I'm TERRIFIED of labour!! Also just being a bad mom in general..
  • Options
    imageKarrotelle:

2. Have you put the cart before the horse and purchased any baby items yet? Just a "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and the "What to Expect After They're Born" books. I don't know why but I feel like I would be jinxing things if I bought anything before hand.

I've heard mixed things about these books.. apparently "Mayo Clinic Guide To A Healthy Pregnancy" is a GREAT book

• Options

OMG is the states ever cheaper!! I will definitely doing a lot of shopping there.

1. Baby gender preference? 1 of each.. I'm torn whether I want a boy or girl first. Girls are harder to make but if I have a boy first, I can use the he's older excuse instead of because youre a girl that I got. Right now, I want my little girl first I think.

2. Have you put the cart before the horse and purchased any baby items yet? No but my mom and MIL have. And I was given a bunch of baby boy clothes and What to Expect when your Expecting.

3. Must see tv show? HIMYM, BBT. Greys and Private Practice

4. Currently reading? (or last book read) I'm reading through TCOYF and Arch Angel

5. Last concert attended? Lynyrd Skynyrd at Art Park's Free Concerts in Lewiston NY. Before that was Toby Keith (which I vaguely remember, was pretty drunk)

6. Any pregnancy/baby/mommy fears? Stretch marks (you're not the only one Rocky!)

• Options
    imagemegs2011:

6. Any pregnancy/baby/mommy fears? Stretch marks (you're not the only one Rocky!)

Rumour has it that EMU OIL is good to prevent stretch marks.. it's what body builders use.. I don't know where to get it, places that sell supplements and such I'm guessing?

• Options

More questions.. (cuz I'm bored at work)

1. Education? (I noticed most of the girls on the TTGP board are SUPER smart and educated!)

2. If you could have any job what would it be?

3. Hobbies?

4. One of H's habits that drives you CRAZY?

5. What would your last meal be?

6. Somewhere you want to travel to that you've never been?

7. Favourite place you have been?

8. Have you thought about nursery themes?

• Options
    I've also heard pure Vitamin E oil is great.
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

1. Education? (I noticed most of the girls on the TTGP board are SUPER smart and educated!) lol I don't have a fancy degree. I went to Georgian College for Legal Administration and somehow (*** luck I suppose) I ended up doing what I do now which most people need a degree for.

2. If you could have any job what would it be? I'd own my own bakery, bookstore and coffee shop all in one. Where you could come in, buy some brownies and a cappuccino, sit on a couch in front of the fire and read a book.

3. Hobbies? I love to read & write. Although I enjoy everything outdoors. We recently started hiking and biking and are loving it. We're looking into buying one of those tow behind carts that people put their kids in, for our dog lol He loves to come with us but when we bike it isn't safe for him to run beside us so DH wants to put him in a cart LOL I think it'd be hilarious and the dog would love it.

4. One of H's habits that drives you CRAZY? He leaves the cupboards and kitchen drawers open after he gets something out of them. I just leaves them open and walks away. It would take 2 seconds to close them but apparently he never has 2 seconds. ARG!

5. What would your last meal be? Chicken Cordon Bleu, Cheese Tortellini and Potatoes Au Gratin (Screw the veggies! I'll die a carb happy girl!)

6. Somewhere you want to travel to that you've never been? Italy for sure and then Switzerland.

7. Favourite place you have been? Algonquin Park. Specifically the half way point of the Mizzy Lake Trail. It's incredible. We go camping every year and it's my favourite place I've ever been.

8. Have you thought about nursery themes? You bet! We've narrowed it down to two. Either a "Baby Farm Animal" theme or monkeys lol DH wants the Farm Animals I want the monkeys. We're going to be Team Green so we need to pick a gender neutral theme.
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Karrot, I think we're twins.

1. Education? (I noticed most of the girls on the TTGP board are SUPER smart and educated!) Zero. Going to start online in the Fall to get my BMgmt in Marketing. I also have a job that most people require a degree for so lucky me!

2. If you could have any job what would it be? I want to own my own business for sure, like a cafe. I also want to be an event planner.

3. Hobbies? Reading, skating in the winter, cooking/baking, dancing, yoga

4. One of H's habits that drives you CRAZY? Leaving the seat up (he's gotten better at this though!!)

5. What would your last meal be? Oh man, I don't even know the answer to this.. something with bacon and cheese lol and cheesecake for dessert!

6. Somewhere you want to travel to that you've never been? Several European countries - Spain, Italy, Scotland, England, Ireland, Croatia, Greece

7. Favourite place you have been? I've never left North America.. I do love my cottage though! (North of Parry Sound)

8. Have you thought about nursery themes? I used to want a Winnie the Pooh themed nursery, but character nurseries are SO expensive. Also thinking a jungle theme.
  • Options
    imageKarrotelle:

Raynes - About your appointment tomorrow, you must be excited! Are you guys using a Midwife?

I'm really excited!  I have no idea yet about a midwife.  I love love love my GP, so if I can I'll probably stick with her.  The office she works out of is a huge practice with lots of fancy things, so I have a feeling that will make me feel comfortable.  

Now, to answer the GTKY stuff!

• Options
    I just got an OB/GYN a few months ago and I loveee her so I'm excited I don't need to deal with finding someone later or having my GP (who is a guy) deal with my pregnancy stuff lol
  • Options

1. Baby gender preference? girl I think.  Twins would rock, but one of each eventually would be nice.

2. Have you put the cart before the horse and purchased any baby items yet? All I bought was What to Expect.  Funny story re: coach diaper bag, a friend of mine bought one thinking it was just a large purse.  Imagine her surprise when she was checking it out after she bought it and pulled out the changing mat!

3. Must see tv show? lame, but I'm a huge survivor fan.  Other's we PVR are Top Chef, Grey's, Private Practice (though it's not as great as it used to be), Flashpoint (really great show actually) and I forget what else.

4. Currently reading? (or last book read) Lord of the Rings: Two Towers, and on audiobook I'm working through A Prayer for Owen Meany and the first book in the Mistborn series (I like my fantasy!)

5. Last concert attended? Ohhhh, Metric in the summer of 2010.  We're more musical people than concert people.

6. Any pregnancy/baby/mommy fears? losing the baby.  I'm so crazy afraid of a m/c, I don't think I'll be able to completely relax until the 2nd tri.  At this point the weight gain doesn't bother me as much.  I've busted my ass to get where I am and I know I can do it again.

1. Education? (I noticed most of the girls on the TTGP board are SUPER smart and educated!) I've got a B.A.Sc. in Chemical Engineering and am working towards my M.A.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering.  ::nerd alert!::

2. If you could have any job what would it be? I have no idea.  I like what I do, it's challenging most of the time.  Maybe something more creative/artsy?

3. Hobbies? renovating??  ha.  I used to knit, but since we bought the house not too much of that has happened.  I am, however, going to have to knit a blanket for zee baby.

4. One of H's habits that drives you CRAZY? his extreme road rage, though he's working on it,

5. What would your last meal be? good question.  risotto, lamb, mousaka, red wine and creme brulee

6. Somewhere you want to travel to that you've never been? the UK, y'know, England, Scotland, Ireland, that sort of thing.

7. Favourite place you have been? Santorini, Greece.  So beautiful and really good food!

8. Have you thought about nursery themes? not really.  I don't think I want to go in-you-face pink or blue, and I'm rather partial to grey walls, plus, the room we'll probably use as a nursery I've already painted with grey stripes, soooo, something like that?  I have no idea.  Pinterest, here I come!!

And now, questions from me!

1. When did you get married?

2. Where did you go for honeymoon?

3. When did you meet you H and how?

4. Any pets? (pictures please!)

5. Thing you'll miss most when you get your BFP?

• Options

1. When did you get married? August 29th, 2009, almost our 2nd anniversary!

2. Where did you go for honeymoon? Greece (Athens, Mykonos and Santorini, so amazing!)

3. When did you meet you H and how? We met in 1st year university (Sept 2002).  We lived 2 doors down from each other in residence.

4. Any pets? (pictures please!) 2 cats, Meka and Chloe.

This picture shows both cats (though Chloe is hard to see, she's down in the dirt) and also the extent of some of the reno's we've done!

5. Thing you'll miss most when you get your BFP? I miss wine.  And drinking LOTS of coffee, oh, and sleeping all the way through the night.
  • Options

imageraynes:

6. Any pregnancy/baby/mommy fears? losing the baby.  I'm so crazy afraid of a m/c, I don't think I'll be able to completely relax until the 2nd tri.  At this point the weight gain doesn't bother me as much.  I've busted my ass to get where I am and I know I can do it again.

I didn't even think about this! Obviously m/c is terrifying as well, I'll be worried all 1st tri!!

1. Education? (I noticed most of the girls on the TTGP board are SUPER smart and educated!) I've got a B.A.Sc. in Chemical Engineering and am working towards my M.A.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering.  ::nerd alert!::

Speaking of super smart and educated..

5. What would your last meal be? good question.  risotto, lamb, mousaka, red wine and creme brulee

Are you Greek?

1. When did you get married? August 14, 2010

2. Where did you go for honeymoon? Nowhere! We planned on going to the cottage for a week following the wedding (cause we're cheap like that) but H's grandfather died the MORNING of our wedding.. we took a few days and went to Toronto, went to the zoo + Canada's Wonderland + shopping... we will have a real honeymoon someday!

3. When did you meet you H and how? Long story, I'll try and make it short.. First time we met was Labour Day wknd 2007 at a bar. I was living in a different city at the time but came home for the weekend with a friend and we went out.. met H and our best man. They had to go, never to be seen again (no numbers exchanged). October 2007on Halloween I was out in the city I lived (30 mins away) at the bar I always went to, there is H and our best man. They had gone to a different bar and came to the one I was at because there was no line!! It was sorta fate.

4. Any pets? (pictures please!) Rocky (dog below), he's a 90lb mutt who turns 5 on Friday!

5. Thing you'll miss most when you get your BFP? Sleep once LO is born!! and a level of freedom I suppose..

• Options
    imagerocky_star:

Are you Greek?

Nope!  Just really love the stuff.  I've got a knarly scar on my arm from where I burned myself while trying to pull a mousaka out of the oven.

H is very much into ancient history, so Greece was always on his must visit list.  We were very fortunate that my dad gifted us our flights to Greece using his air miles (dude has a LOT of airmiles/aeroplan points).  It was the only thing that made the trip doable for us.  We'd eventually like to go back (maybe for out 25th anniversary?).

• Options

1. When did you get married? September 19th, 2009 (Also almost our 2 year anniversary!)

2. Where did you go for honeymoon? Niagara-on-the-Lake. We'd like to go away on the 5th anniversary to another country but we'll see if we have kids and how that goes lol

3. When did you meet you H and how? We met through a friend back in 2006. His roommate from University was matched on EHarmony to be a good match for me. We started talking and realized we knew each other (he had dated a former friend of mien in high school) and realized that we weren't interested in each other at all. We kept chatting though as friends and then he mentioned his roommate wasn't in a relationship anymore and he thought we'd be a good match. DH and I met for coffee on April 9th, 2006. We got engaged on January 9th, 2007 and were married September 19th, 2009!

4. Any pets? (pictures please!) A Labradoodle named Nova. He's in my signature but here's another pic.  (Hopefully this works!)

5. Thing you'll miss most when you get your BFP? Wine, medium rare steak and feta cheese!

Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageKarrotelle:

5. Thing you'll miss most when you get your BFP? Wine, medium rare steak and feta cheese!

Why can't you eat feta?

• Options

Honestly, I don't know! lol I just remember a friend of mien saying you can't eat feta something to do with bacteria? Honestly, I have no idea. I never looked into it so it could be wrong. In which case I'll be VERY happy lol

ETA: I found this online. I don't know, maybe it's people being over cautious? Every cheese is pasteurized now or at least it has to beso I don't know if this is still a risk or not.

From the USDA website:

"According to the CDC, pregnant women are about 20 times more likely than other healthy adults to get listeriosis. In fact, about one-third of listeriosis cases happen during pregnancy. Listeriosis can be transmitted to the fetus through the placenta even if the mother is not showing signs of illness. This can lead to premature delivery, miscarriage, stillbirth, or serious health problems for her newborn.

Do not eat soft cheeses such as feta, Brie, Camembert, blue-veined cheeses, and Mexican-style cheeses such as "queso blanco fresco." Hard cheeses, semi-soft cheeses such as mozzarella, pasteurized processed cheese slices and spreads, cream cheese, and cottage cheese can be safely consumed. "

Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Ahh I have to catch up! Sorry, I went to get my hair done this afternoon. I'm pretty much a blonde now :)

1. Education? BA in Child and Youth Studies, a Master of Education and Teaching Degree in Childhood Education (K-6)

2. If you could have any job what would it be? An interior decorater, or wedding planner or professional photographer

3. Hobbies? Playing ice hockey, drawing, playing video games

4. One of H's habits that drives you CRAZY? Oh there are so many.. Leaving the toilet seat up and leaving his socks all over the house are the top 2

5. What would your last meal be? Everything bad, bacon, big mac meal, strawberry shake, chicken paprikosh, eggs benny and cheese cake!

6. Somewhere you want to travel to that you've never been? Europe area: France, Scotland, Ireland, Greece, Italy, England

7. Favourite place you have been? Fort Myers Beach in Florida (LOVE the beach)

8. Have you thought about nursery themes? Not sure. MH wants the in your face boysgirls room. I want do colour the walls grey and then add the colour accents (Blue and green for a boy, purple and pink for a girl).

1. When did you get married? June 11, 2011 (almost 2.5 months!!)

2. Where did you go for honeymoon? Haven't gone yet... going Nov 24th to Mayan Rivieria Mexico. Can't wait!!!

3. When did you meet you H and how? Through a friend of a friend.

4. Any pets? (pictures please!) Nope.. H is allergic to cats and dogs, I'm allergic to cats and we aren't home enough for a pet.

5. Thing you'll miss most when you get your BFP? Drinking if I want to, playing hockey, sleeping in (once the baby starts moving around) - all worth it of course!

• Options
    Sooo yesterday I got to hold a 3 week old baby =) man did that ever make me want one!

• Options

imagemegs2011:

2. If you could have any job what would it be? An interior decorater, or wedding planner or professional photographer

You have education to be a teacher but you don't want to be a teacher!? lol

4. One of H's habits that drives you CRAZY? Oh there are so many.. Leaving the toilet seat up and leaving his socks all over the house are the top 2

I FORGOT this one!! H leaves clothes all over the house!!

8. Have you thought about nursery themes? Not sure. MH wants the in your face boysgirls room. I want do colour the walls grey and then add the colour accents (Blue and green for a boy, purple and pink for a girl).

I love grey + accent for a babies room I think it's GORG but H thinks it's weird. lol we'll see who gets their way!

• Options

I would love to be a teacher but it's not looking good on that front so I'm a little frustrated with my education and it not getting me anywhere. I work for a guy with a highschool education and that hurts.

Damn Niagara Region having so many teachers! Retire already so I can have my chance! Oh and don't go on the supply list after retirement and double dip! Sorry, end vent.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"