Houston Babies
Options

Those who are in or who run moms groups

Anyone wanna share some good ideas for playdates/events/MNOs that your moms groups are doing?  I feel like I'm sort of doing the same things over and over again....and I need to plan some good stuff for September and October.  I know that eventually, EVENTUALLY, the weather will cool down and we can do stuff like Dewberry Farm, pumpkin patches, etc etc...but for now since it's so.damn.hot, I'm having trouble.  Nobody wants to be outside, but we all want to be budget-friendly...so it's hard!

Just wanted to pick brains to see what ideas I can borrow :)  Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Those who are in or who run moms groups

• Options

pottery painting (can be as inexpensive as a few dollars), bounce places (the one we go to is $5 all day and you can come and go), Wonderwild, Stomping Grounds, Children's Museum and Zoo (since school is back in session)

MNO - Susan G. Komen team, wine/painting (a little more $ than other ideas), bowling, game night at someone's house

• Options

At one of our local libraries they let us use the multipurpose room for about 2 hours for free and we all brought in snacks and did crafts, had bubbles and just chilled out for a while.

Some of the movie theaters have dollar movie days.

CFA

image Oh Joy to the World!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we used to rotate playdates at people's houses in the summer. Everyone said most of the ideas already but library story time or mall playgrounds are good too.
    -Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I work for the nation's largest au pair agency. I speak at a lot of moms and moms of multiples groups to let them know what au pair childcare is what are the benefits, how much it costs, etc. It is very affordable and flexible and offers a fantastic opportunity for cultural exchange! I can also offer a $500 discount to moms groups members, once I speak to you. (no strings attached!) Let me know if you are interested.

Kara

kara.niles@culturalcare.com

Business Development Director, Houston

Cultural Care Au Pair

• Options

Sugar Creek Baptist Church has an indoor play place that is supposed to be amazing. It's a hike from our area, but a lot of moms still go when we do an outing there because it's so much fun:

https://www.sugarcreek.net/children/playscape

We have reserved a room in a library or community college. It's usually in the winter so they read "The Polar Express," kids wear their PJs, someone sets up an easy and not-too-messy craft that is related to the story, serve hot chocolate to kids who are old enough, etc. Obviously you wouldn't do the winter thing, but you could find another theme and have the kids dress according to it. 

Tour a fire station. I know it's hot, but you could set it up for early in the morning. At least it's not directly in the sun, and it's free.

We just did a mom's night out at someone's house, and they have a pool. It was a chance for the moms to swim without kids to worry about. Everyone brings a snack.  We have also done a fondue night, which is a huge hit...although it may be too hot for that! We will go to La Madeleine for dessert and coffee after kids are in bed.

That's all I can come up with at the moment. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm the President of mine and we do a lot of MNO at drinking places. [lol] Museums have wine night - those are HUGE hits since the ladies like looking at art but the husbands apparently don't. Mexican food is always cheap~ good margartitas.

Our monthly meetings have had speakers about getting kids back in the groove for school, extreme couponing, suncare, painting mini-pumpkins, holiday crafts - the kids do crafts while the speakers do their thing.

We have a lot at local pools - not sure if you have those in yoru area but there are pools and splashparks near us so we frequent those.

ETA: our other meetings have focused sround getting a stylist to help us not look so mom-ish, new hair styles, make-up etc

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"