Baby Showers
Options

December shower ideas

Hi Ladies. I need Lots of help with a shower in December, for a little girl. The nursery will be done in brown and pink, and baby's name will be Greenlee. The girl I am throwing the shower for did a great summer time shower for me a few years ago and now its time to return the favor. TIA

Re: December shower ideas

• Options

You should tie it in with the fact that it is being held in December.  I went to a shower once in December and they hung stockings on a Christmas Tree.  In each stocking was a gift or two.  These can be fun or practical gifts. 

Funny but practical gifts can get people at a shower talking.  This is helpful if not everyone knows each other.  The site www.mybabysays.com has some funny clothes with sayings- I did this for a shower I went to recently and it was a hit.  The items can wrapped up in tiny packages that I wrapped like firecrackers.

Of course familiar games like how much toilet paper is needed to fit around the Mom's belly is fun too.  With this game everyone tears off some toilet paper- guessing how many squares it'll take to fit around the Mom To Be.  The closest fit wins!

Another activity that I found to be really neat is to purchase different blank notecards.  Then have every guest pull a theme/holiday and write a message pertaining on that to the baby.  Then they label the envelope with the theme.  Ideas include- first date, 13th birthday, loss of first tooth, etc.  Then, the Mom To Be holds onto them and gives them to her child as the event occurs.  It is really a neat activity!

Hope this helps!

Kristin

• Options

Hi!

I am having a shower for my sister in Dec and I'm doing the holiday red/white/silver theme.

The invitations are from Tiny Prints and they are red with a white gingerbread baby on them.  For favors, we ordered gingerbread cookies from a local bakery. Another idea for favors could be X-mas ornaments?

For centerpieces we're doing white flowers with some greenery and mixing in some of those old fashioned, big, red & white peppermint swirl lollipops (kind of a willy wonka-ish).

I've started making a playlist on my ipod of x-mas music to play in background.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm hosting a shower in December and have opted to not go with the holiday theme.  I'm trying to keep it simple as it's really just a "sprinkle". There are pics of the invitation that I designed in my blog.   For decor, I'll do the martha-stewart pom-poms in blue, brown, and green.    Not sure yet about favors....maybe cupcake pops....not really sure yet.

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"