D.C. Area Babies
Options

Referral for acupressure/acupuncture to induce labor

Has anyone used acupressure and/or acupuncture to induce labor and would recommend your practitioner?

I'm in Fairfax, but willing to travel somewhat.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Referral for acupressure/acupuncture to induce labor

• Options

me!

i did a lot to get labor going, especially after i passed 41 weeks.

i saw Njemile Jones at www.FertileLiving.com in Alexandria for acupuncture. she specializes in fertility. she was such a wonderful, calming presence, just what i needed to reduce my anxiety about still being pregnant and planning an hbac after 41 weeks.

i saw Yvette at Massage Envy in potomac yards (alexandria) for a prenatal (bring on the labor already) massage. Yvette is awesome and super knowledgable. if you go and see her, please tell her i referred you!

i also saw my chiropractor a several times in those last two weeks. Dr. Dispenza at NoVA Pain & Rehab in Clarendon. my midwife rec's Dr. Sean Woods in Alexandria. i have never seen him, but heard wonderful things. it's important to see a chiropractor to make sure you are properly aligned for labor. sometimes, misalignment can cause the process to stall before or during labor.

i did acupressure myself, using the technique described here: https://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/acupressure-to-induce-labor.html. you can also find videos of exactly how to do the techniques on youtube.

i couldn't tell you what i think worked best, it was a combination of all of the above. DD was born on a friday. on wednesday afternoon, i had my last acupuncture. i did acupressure that evening and much of the next day. on thursday morning i saw my chiropractor, then my MW swept my membranes, then i got a prenatal massage with Yvette (i inserted some EPO just before the massage) and started early labor a few hours later. 

good luck! and happy due date!

• Options
    I used South Riding Acupuncture (https://www.southridingacupuncture.com/) while trying to conceive and then for the few weeks leading up to birth. I highly recommend it! Good luck!
    After 3 miscarriages, I got my forever baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dr Park in Sterling does acupuncture and she's used it to induce labor successfully. I don't have acupuncture experience with her, but have seen her for other pregnancy pains and she's amazing. Very caring and knowledgable. She comes from a 3rd generation acupuncture family.
  • Options
    My mom is an acupuncturist in Vienna. She did treatments on me with both bebes. Not sure if they worked or not, but I always felt better afterwards. PM me if you want her info.
  • Options
    I go to Joanne Weinman in McLean.  I'd recommend her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"