March 2011 Moms
Options

Attempting to Crawl!!!

Brook was trying her hardest to crawl today, it was so cute!  She had her butt up in the air and was pushing, but didn't get very far.  It won't be long!

I can't believe how fast our babies are growing!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Attempting to Crawl!!!

• Options
    Wow!  Go Brooklyn!  Addison isn't even close to crawling.  She still goes into this "skydiving" pose whenever she's on her belly - feet and hands up, lol.  Then she flips over right away.  She hates being on her tummy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options
    DS started doing this. I'm not ready for a mobile baby - rolling is enough! Before, he was just doing "the shovel" - shoving his face into the floor and pushing his butt up with his legs. Now he's getting on all fours and rocking... I'm not ready! I'll have to vacuum all the time!
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesrmmm09:
    DS started doing this. I'm not ready for a mobile baby - rolling is enough! Before, he was just doing "the shovel" - shoving his face into the floor and pushing his butt up with his legs. Now he's getting on all fours and rocking... I'm not ready! I'll have to vacuum all the time!

That's what DD has been doing. It's a wonder she doesn't have carpet burns on her face! She's either up on her arm or her legs but never both at the same time!

• Options
    skioskio member

imagesrmmm09:

lol, this is the exact thought I've had about the crawling phase! Although I've already had to increase my vacuuming to 2-3 times a week because she alligator-rolls all over the living room now. She used to stay put on her play mat and I didn't have to worry...now I have to make sure she doesn't roll into anything hard or sharp and the dog hair is just impossible. All of a sudden, my mutt being part husky has become a big downer - she sheds like CRAZY and it's driving me nuts!

As far as crawling, I think it's coming. She gets her knees under her all the time and pushes, but hasn't figured out to push up her upper body yet. She also does an impressive plank - where she lifts her whole body off the ground with just her toes. It's so fun to watch her learn how to be mobile...but we are going to be some seriously tired mamas in the near future!

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel you skio. We have a husky mix too and I have to remind DH whose only daily chore really is to vacuum....that it has to be done pretty much every day now with her rolling. DD isn't trying to crawl but loves to roll and is off the blanket in no time.
    Neil and Kristin 7-26-2008 image. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageKered6799:
    DD isn't trying to crawl but loves to roll and is off the blanket in no time.

I know! It's like a game to DS... he has a daily naked time (we CD and it helps keep his bum rash-free), and I think he just tries to see how quickly he can get his little winkie off the blanket. So far we've only had two "accidents." But that's after many times of trying to figure out what way to put him back on the blanket where it'll take the longest amount of time for him to roll off. I don't think he can be doing it on purpose... Right? 

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • Options
    DD's been lifting up on hands and knees for a few weeks now and in the last week has finally started to coordinate the hands and legs moving to get a few "steps" in before she face plants or shoots herself forward with her legs.  She's been army crawling and scooting around for a couple months.  It's so much fun to watch her learn new things!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"