How big a deal do you think this might be? — The Bump
Pre-School

How big a deal do you think this might be?

My DS is about to begin preschool next week. He has never been to daycare1 only with us, and his grandparents. He is on the shy/sensitive side and quite attached to me, although getting a bit less so as he gets older (he just turned 3).

Anyway, I found a preschool that I like- it is sort of a new branch in our town of a very well established one the next town over. So although it is new, the original one is not and it is the same people running it and even teaching, and I have personal recommendations about that one (which is full by the way). It is very small and I really liked their general attitude/approach, so it seemed like a great fit for my guy.

So my issue is that there are very few kids enrolled since it is so new- like 3 to 5 depending on the day. My son will go a half day Mondays and a full day Wednesday (so I can work that day). The thing is, I just found out that he wil be the ONLY kid staying past lunch on Wednesdays. I guess him getting some one-on-one time with the teacher is ok, but my concern is that he will see all the other kids getting picked up and will likely be upset that he will have to stay, and wondering where I am. Especially considering it is going to be quite a transition for him to begin with. I just hate the thought of him wondering "where's MY mom?" Sad

I don't know if this is a legitimate concern, or if I am just over-analyzing it as his first day rapidly approaches. Any thoughts? Thanks!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards