LGBT Parenting
Options

Our decision

Good Morning friends~

Well, after some soul searching and alot of discussion, we have decided to end our quest for children. OOP IUIs that have little chance of working, IVF we are not willing to do OOP (maybe even at all) have lead us to our decision. We are happy with our decision, as we always said we'd be happy with just the 2 of us. I did need some time to grieve, but I am very comfortable with this decision, and feel a huge weight has been lifted. The failures, what-ifs, pressure is gone. For us, personally, the need for a child did not outweigh the struggle and the need to get our lives back.

I hope you don't mind if I check in on you periodically, as I have grown to cherish each one of you. I wish all of you the best and happy healthy babies all around!!!

Much Love,

Tanya

Mommies to 5 fur babies!
TTC#1 since 2004
LGBT
4 cycles @ home with known donor - BFN
RE un-medicated IUI cycles # 1-7= BFN
NEW RE Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/ IUI #8 BFN
Took long break
Nov 2009 - Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/IUI #9 = BFP
Beta 12/4 - 10...Beta #2 12/7- 28 Beta #3 12/9 - 80!
1st sonogram 12/28 - slow hb and growth
m/c 1/1/2010 Courtland 8w0d
Nov 2010 cycle cancelled - polyp removal/hysteroscopy
April 4 2011 - IUI #10 BFFN
July 5, 2011 - #11 BFFN AMH .62 Boo

Re: Our decision

• Options
    Thanks for sharing your decision.  It sounds like you two are in a good place about it.  Please stay on the board....no children required.  Take good care of yourselves and enjoy the peace of your decision.
  • Options
    I know that must have been a really tough decision to make. I'm happy that it comes with relief. Take care of yourselves over the next few months as you get back to your old selves. You are ALWAYS welcome here - we cherish you too!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You two are strong and I commend you for taking the time to make a decision that is right for your family.  Please stay with us on the board, I know I always enjoy reading your posts. 
  • Options

imagemadisonpeas:
    Thanks for sharing your decision.  It sounds like you two are in a good place about it.  Please stay on the board....no children required.  Take good care of yourselves and enjoy the peace of your decision.

DITTO  on what MADISON SAYS ...

and  FWIW- we did oop IVF  but the clinic worked with us and even  let us get in on a clincal trial they had so it  was discounted perhaps you can see if there is a clinical trial in your area- possibly as a last ditch effort? But if not -Understandable

HUGS to YOU !!!!

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    That must have been a hard decision to make.  You guys have been through so much, I'm sure you must be exhausted.  I'm glad this decision is bringing you some peace.  Definitely please stick around, there's plenty to talk about other than baby making.  :)  And of course we're always here if you ever rethink.
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options

Congratulations for coming to what I am sure was a very difficult decisions. It sounds like you are both at peace with this decision which is awesome. Relish sleeping in, leuisurely meals, conversations without interuption, extra funds to spend on vacations, and each other.

Stick around...we aren't just for parents. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    image2brides:

Relish sleeping in, leuisurely meals, conversations without interuption, extra funds to spend on vacations, and each other.

Stick around...we aren't just for parents. :)

This. And do stick around. Smile 

• Options
    Everything already said and then some. I have found a home here and you are part of that home.
    BabyName Ticker ***** Married to M 6/25/2010***** *****IUI #1 5/3/2011 BFN***** IUI #2 w/ 50mg of Clomid 5/30/2011 BFN******* *****IUI #3 w/ 50mg of Clomid 6/28/2011 BFN****** *******IUI #4 w/ 100 mg of Clomid 7/28/2011 BFP @ 11dpiui (Beta #1 @ 11dpiui 36) (Beta #2 @ 13dpiui 121)****** BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I completely agree with all the previous responders. Best wishes on this new chapter!
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I completely agree with all the previous responders. Best wishes on this new chapter!
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations for having the strength and clarity to know what is right for you.  And I actually had to double check the name of this board--I thought it was the LGBT family board--and you are a family.  Stick around!
    Foster to Adopt Licensure Process. Expect to be licensed in Sept or Oct. Looking for infant and older sibling.
  • Options

Ditto the many great previous posts and please stick around...we are all family here.Wink I'm glad to hear you two are at peace with your decision. ((hugs))

• Options
    I saw on the new board but I did not want to comment until you said something over here. I am glad you have been able to make peace with your decision. I would hope you would hang out and check in from time to time.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"