St. Louis Babies
Options

For those that delivered at St. John's...

Are they strict at all on the visiting hours? I read and have heard their hours are from noon-8:30pm, but can't imagine if I have the baby at midnight they'd make family wait until noon the next day to be able to visit, would they?

I plan to ask again when we do the tour/classes, but thought I'd see if anyone has any experience with this. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: For those that delivered at St. John's...

• Options
    I delivered at St. John's and they weren't that strict with the visiting hours.  I had my son at 12:30 at night and my parents and MIL were allowed to come and see us in the labor/delivery room and according to my mom the waiting room was full of people all day waiting to see family members, even after 8:30.  The only time they are a little stricter is during "nap time" from 2:30-3:30 every afternoon and honestly I was happy to take advantage of it.  By that time I was ready for a little family time with LO and DH.  The nurse even put a sign outside my door saying that I was napping. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We finished our birthing classes there 2 weeks ago as we plan on delivering there. Our instructor told us that the visiting times are there to actually help us control when people come and see us. It is easier to say, "no, you cant come up then because its not visiting hours" vs. "i dont want you hear" :) They really let you decide who you want and when you want visitors. They do like to enforce the nap time a little more though like the previous post says.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I delivered there and my visitors came and went as they pleased and my husband stayed with me the whole time.  I work for a very large hospital system and most of our hospitals have signs posted with visiting hours, but almost all of them don't enforce them unless there is a major issue (10 people in the room at 10PM being very loud).  In fact, the signs have just never been removed in most cases.
  • Options
    I'm currently on bedrest at St. Johns and during the month that I have been here my visitors have been allowed to come and g as they please. They put an extra bed in my room for my husband and the waiting room seems to always have people in it.
  • Options
    i am so glad i stumbled on to this post.  we are planning to deliver at St Johns also, since that is the hospital out OB/GYN works out of.  i was admitted into the hospital in late June for a D&C and the service and care from the nurses were just amazing, everyone was so nice and accommodating for us!  we are pregnant again, about 6 weeks along, and again the staff has been so sweet to us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"