Military Families
Options

Feeling Lonely

My husband is currently deployed.  I am staying at home with the kids and enjoying it.  Even though I get to skype with my hubby almost every day right now, there are times that go by where I don't seem to have any adult conversation.  I love my babies and spending time with them, but I miss the adult contact.  My friends are so busy with work and living their lives I can't ever seem to get together with them.  My hubby is my best friend and I miss him so much.  I think I get more lonely at night when the kids are in bed and it's just me.  Any suggestions on what to do....so I quit feeling sorry for myself?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Feeling Lonely

• Options
    Ask around your FRG, I can guarantee that there is another wife who is experiencing the same thing. I know for me that the nights are the hardest, I try to stay as busy as possible, basically wearing myself out through cleaning and playing with the kids so that I fall asleep fast. I do try to do a ladies night every so often, I have friends over once the kids go down and we just sit and talk, we all get the adult interaction without having to find a babysitter. ((hugs))
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagelisa&andy:
    Ask around your FRG, I can guarantee that there is another wife who is experiencing the same thing. I know for me that the nights are the hardest, I try to stay as busy as possible, basically wearing myself out through cleaning and playing with the kids so that I fall asleep fast. I do try to do a ladies night every so often, I have friends over once the kids go down and we just sit and talk, we all get the adult interaction without having to find a babysitter. ((hugs))

THIS!! Your FRG leader will have a ton of resources for you. If they don;t already, you should ask if they can start up a ladies night, or a kids day. This can be something where you guys get together once a week or month or whatever and do fun things around the area.  FRG leaders are a wealth of information. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FRG's are our lifelines!!! I'd recommend trying to find a play group as well, make some mom friends that you can hang out with that understand you. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"