April 2011 Moms
Options

How do you fill your LO's day?

She just over 4 months and I'm feeling like it's getting more difficult keeping her happy/busy during the day. Every space between naps seems like a huge amount of time that I don't know how to fill! We are stuck at home most days because DH has the car. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Most days we walk the dog a couple times in the park next door, I drag her around on a blanket and do chores around the house (diapers/dishes), talk to her in the mirror, tummy time on her blanket, jolly jumper, exersaucer, watch traffic from our yard (she loves it, weird!)... most times she already seems bored of her toys and doesn't really enjoy when I read books yet.

Maybe she's not the one who's bored?!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How do you fill your LO's day?

• Options

Oh man, I would be lost without the car. We take a couple of drives a day, it's the only way she naps (unless I'm holding her). We can't walk the dog, sadly, because said dog is a 70 lb. (sweet) moron and it takes all of your strength/attention to walk her. So the dog comes on the drives with us.

Otherwise, we do play mat and jumperoo, read books (for whatever reason, she likes it already, thank goodness), hang out in our bed and make silly faces, practice sitting up (she could do that for an hour, she loves it), sing songs... Stuff like that. On a loop.

There's just not more to do at this age, you know?

• Options
    Dance?  My kids love it when I turn on the music and we dance! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We live in the middle of NOWHERE, so for us to take car rides it's an hour at least, but we still try and get out 1 or 2 a week.  We do the same things you do...

She gets up around 9:00 for the day, so we watch Sesame Street- she loves it and I have coffee and breakfast.

Then we head over to the window seat, and she'll lay there for like an hour. and watch the trees. Or we play in the jumparoo. We'll have lunch, she'll take a nap.  When she gets up, we read and make silly noises. 

She LOVES her playmat, so she'll lay there and "talk" to her moose and drangonfly.  Then we head outside around 5-6 and watch the clouds and leaves (she would spend her life outside if she could) then dinner time, play with daddy, bath and bed.

I can't believe how fast the day goes and how much you have to entertain them!!!

Diagnosis - MIF - FUIF!
    #1 12R, 7M, 5F - 2- 3dt BFN - 1 totsicle became our DD.
    TTC#2 since 1/12
    IVF #2 - 10R, 6M, 5F - 1 5dt of a morula= BFN none to freeze.
    IVF #3 (blegh) Long Lupron Protocol
    ER 8/23 12R, 7M, 2F - 2 beautiful 3d 8/26
    +HPT 9/3 beta #1 9/10= 78.5 #2 9/12 = 136 #3 9/14 319 #4 9/17 890 #5 9/21 2119
    Little B is where he needs to be. HB 9/24. no HB 10/3. Missed m/c @ 8w. D&C 10/5 :(
    IVF #4 - Antagonist Protocol
    ER - 17R, 14M, 9F - 1 beautiful blast 12/13 (Our anniversary), 3 more FROZEN!! WOO HOO!
    +HPT 12/17 beta #1 12/27 = 1654 (um hells to the yeah), beta #2 12/31 = 6994, 1st u/s= 1/8 (fingers firmly crossed) = HB 125. You rock little one.
    Please, Please Stick. Mommy, Daddy and Big Sis love you so much.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Our Totsicle is getting so big!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I felt the same way when Drew was this age.  It seemed like we did the same things over and over day after day.  Playmat, bouncer, watch me do things, take walks, jumperoo, repeat.  I used to get super bored.  I couldn't wait for DH to get home so I had someone to talk to!

I found that days got much more interesting the older he got.  Once he was mobile it was really fun!  This time around isn't nearly as boring b/c Lizzy and I both love watching Drew play around and be silly.

I think what you're feeling is totally normal.  It'll keep getting better!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I agree there's not a whole lot to do with them right now. She only stays awake for 90 minutes before her next nap, so it's not too hard for me to keep her happy during those 90 minutes. It's just repetitive. After every nap we do the same things.

And I agree with the PP, as they get older it gets alot more fun. There's so much more than can do and play. 

Chelsea; 7/22/2005 Carissa; 4/9/2011 Cassidy; 9/6/2012
    Baby #4; 7/7/2018
  • Options
    imagePAmiler82:

I felt the same way when Drew was this age.  It seemed like we did the same things over and over day after day.  Playmat, bouncer, watch me do things, take walks, jumperoo, repeat.  I used to get super bored.  I couldn't wait for DH to get home so I had someone to talk to! I think what you're feeling is totally normal.  It'll keep getting better!

Thanks for the reminder it gets better... long summer days right now I guess and I'm going stir crazy. How many more walks in the park can we take! At least the dog is super happy Wink

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Our days sound almost identical! Most days that is enough for DS, or me, but sometimes he does seem a little bored with it. Those days I try to take him outside to play in the grass on splash around in water. I've been known to give him a bath in the middle of the day just to let him kick his legs around. He really seems to enjoy that.

I also try to set up play dates at our house once in a while. That helps to break up the routine if we don't have the car for the day. If all else fails, I put on Giggle Bellies and he seems to LOVE that. I put that on the tv and he almost seems like he is in a trance. I really don't let him watch tv, but when we/I run out of things to do every once in a while, that seems to help. We also like to turn up the music and dance. It helps me exercise a bit and he just giggles along to the music. 

Lilypie - (MLGF)Lilypie - (yERV)
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"