Natural Birth
Options

Ever heard of this?

A friend is due August 26. Her baby has been flipping back and forth between head down and breech. At her last appt (yesterday), baby was head down, so OB scheduled an induction that night "while baby was in the right position."

So now she's been on pit/epi for 24 hours, AROM for over 12 hours, and they're sending her in for a c-sec.

I thought it was an interesting approach to breech ... hadn't heard of it before, but maybe just because her baby was being such a gymnast? Anyway, I'm bummed for her that she's ending up with the c/s. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ever heard of this?

• Options
    I have a friend at work who had a baby a while ago. At her last appt the baby was breech, but when the baby came (3 days later) she had flipped 180 and was head down. Her mama says that she has been a fireball ever since birth! haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That seems really weird.  How far along was she? 
    imageimage 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've heard of it. My OB offered to try a second version at 39 weeks and induce right away if it worked, but I declined after seeing how stuck he really was during the first version. If I had a high enough Bishop score that the induction was likely to be successful, I would probably give it a shot before having a c/s.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for your friend =( Hope she has a speedy recovery!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hope your friend recovers quickly!  
  • Options
    Yeah, that's a pretty common approach. And a very common outcome. :(
    image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"