Health & Exercise

For those faithful runners out there when did you Start showing or losing abs?

I have always worked out and run everyday 5-10 miles, weights and abs just wounding for those who worked out entire pregnancy when did you start showing or lose your abs? Or will working out delay the baby bump or bloat before bump? Tia!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For those faithful runners out there when did you Start showing or losing abs?

• So far my abs have been alright but I get a little bloated now and then. I don't know about your pregnancy, but I am 8 weeks, and I have been having a hard time trying to get out and get my runs in because im SO tired,and between work,and the GA heat, it doesn't make the conditions much better! Before pregnancy I ran abnout 4-5 days a week, 5-8 miles a day.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I currently run between 5-10 every day too!  My obgyn actually recc that i decrease my mileage due to low body fat and risk of getting preg/miscarriage, etc

I was pregnant and had a m/c last year.  I had a VERY difficult time running due to extreme nausea and being extremely tired. I m/c at 8 weeks, so this time around (Hoping soon!) I plan on doing what i can when i can and hopefully after the nausea passes ill be able to run more!!  

• Loading the player...
  • I didnt bloat at all, my bump became obvious pretty early though because I was always so lean that it didnt really have an extra layer to hide under...I'd say people who knew me well started noticing around 10 weeks---strangers could tell I was visibly pregnant by 16. I still can wear alot of pre-pregnancy stuff, including my bikini bottoms from last year (definately needed a new top!)---the only things that have changed are my abs/boobs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have not been bloated or swollen this entire pregnancy and have continued my pre-pregancy workout regimen (cardio, weights, yoga, core) .I just taugh yoga this morning and then went on a two mile run.  

I did not show for awhile and am still not showing that much for being 40 weeks. Most people think I am only about 5 months along.

The belly is there but you can still still definition in my core on the sides. I have been doing plank like crazy to keep my core strong and avoid back pain. I can still also wear most of my pre-pregnancy pants.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Me (33) DH (32) WFHM * Coffee & Beach Addict *Running is my Paxil*
  • I had to cut my mileage due to a history of high risk pregnancy, but I am still walking/jogging 3 miles a day about 5 days a week, this is my second and I would say that within the last week I have started to noticeably "show."  I had my first stranger ask me when I was due just this morning at the post office!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am a 1/2 marathon runner - running everyday (or almost) for 7 years.  I didn't run much in my first trimester, and have stopped all together now at 32 weeks.   I still work out and do side oblique exercises, among other muscle related things.

I just started showing 3 weeks ago - definitely was filled out but no one knew I was pregnant.  I was a stick before (5'9" 128 lbs) and wore very form fitting clothing, so I was out of my normal clothes at 12 weeks.  NO big deal - got a bella band and wore it up until a few weeks back. 

I am tiny for where I am - so tiny I had to go for a growth scan on Friday.  Everything is fine and he is measuring spot on....I just don't have a belly. 

I can see my ab outline in my stomach.  There are plenty of studies out there that say that doing ab work while pregnant actually lead to that condition where you pull them apart and they don't go back (can't remember the name) but my physican who is also a woman athlete said side ab work is acceptable.  Just be careful which exercises you choose to do. 

• I just ran a half marathon a little over a week ago. Since I ran at a slow pace I actually have recovered much quicker than I usually do and was able to run again 2 days after. At 23 weeks I can still hide my pregnancy if I want to. I worked out my whole 1st pregnancy and plan on doing the same this time around.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm just now starting to show at almost 20 weeks but I still have some ab muscles.  I can pull the baby in and you can still see the definition in my obliques around the baby.  This is also my first baby so I'm pretty sure that helps big time.  I can definitely still completely hide my pregnancy if I wanted to and I'm pretty sure it will be like that for a while even though baby is measuring really big according to ultrasound.

I'm still running and training for a half marathon.  I'm running for fun and not for time (obviously) but I still feel good.  I just ordered a maternity support band because I've noticed some aching in my pubic bone after long runs but otherwise feel great! 

Mama to a baby girl born 1/21/2012.
    Currently back stateside but missing Kenya!
  • I run daily about 8 miles, still at this point, and do abs and weights too. I started showing very late with both kids. I was just asked yesterday (at over 38 weeks) if I was pregnant. I never had any bloat or water retention and gained minimal weight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This reply has been edited by a moderator
    to remove the redirecting hyperlink spam.

PLEASE STOP SPAMMING THE BOARDS.
  • I wore my regular size 2 pants until I was 24 weeks.   At that point, I got a tiny pot like tummy.   Then I kind of popped out at around 26 weeks.  So I went straight from not looking pregnant at all, to looking very pregnant. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"