LGBT Parenting
Options

Weekend Plans

What are you doing this weekend?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Weekend Plans

• Options
    newborn pics tomorrow am. otherwise, just hanging out and trying to sleep a little Wink my MIL goes home Sun, so its a whole new ballgame next week.
  • Options

Friday: Take A to her dad's house tonight, go to bed as soon as I get home.

Saturday: J and I have foster training classes from 9am until 4pm.  I'm excited to go to these classes, they are about homosexuality and bullying.  No plans for the evening.

Sunday: No plans.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm not sure what we're doing tonight or tomorrow. we were supposed to go out of town tomorrow for a baby shower, but it's over 2 hours each way and we found out that my wife is working OT on Saturday night so we decided 4-5 hours of driving when she has to work just isn't something we want to do.

Sunday she'll be sleeping in the morning so I'll find something to occupy the boy and myself. I'm thinking either the zoo if the weather's nice or the conservatory or science museum if it's bad. we have memberships to all three, so who knows which will win out.

• Options

L is off writing this weekend (last one until mid September!) Whoo hoo!

Tonight the kids asked for Pollo Campero for dinner. YAY! Easy and yummy, but oh, so bad for you. Think the fruit I will serve will make up for the fried chicken? :) Post dinner will be some playing and some laundry. I am praying that we don't have crazy storms like last night and everyone sleeps nicely in their own bed! :)

Saturday the kids have swimming lessons and then we are meeting up with a couple we met through Rainbow Families. We realized that they are neighbors to other friends of ours who are starting the adoption process so we are all going to get together so my kids can play with their kids and the adults can chat. Should be fun! :)   We'll beeline home and meet up with my dad who is driving from Georgia to Maine.  The kids are signed up for Parents Night Out - but I am not sure if we are going to send them so my dad and I can have a nice dinner or keep them and all hang out together.

Sunday we probably need to do a quick grocery run and then I think my dad and I are going to take the kids to the community pool. No plans post nap - perhaps grill out.

I am thrilled I have a 3 day weekend - I am home Monday! The kids have a dentist appt and don't have camp so we'll hang out all day. Perhaps lunch out, maybe the pool in the afternoon since L is working late due to going on vacation! :)

• Options

My weekend is super full, stressful,and exciting!!

Tonight:  My very last undergraduate exams!!! Then the Ravens preseason game is on and we have friends coming over to watch.

Saturday:  Finishing my final paper for one of my classes andd submitting it.  Then celebrating my bday with a bunch of friends and some family.  My bday was Wednesday and my awesome wife got me the espresso machine I have been wanting for like a year.  It was over the birthday budget so she raided her piggy bank (she is super protective over this piggy bank because she is trying to fill it).  Almost made me cry because she is not the planner in our world.

Sunday:  Finishing my very last undergraduate assignment EVER!!!!  All I have to say is 5 colleges, 4 majors, and 14 years later and I will be the first one in my bloodline with a Bachelor's degree.  Social Work Master's here I come!!!!

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • Options

imageLV1979:
    All I have to say is 5 colleges, 4 majors, and 14 years later and I will be the first one in my bloodline with a Bachelor's degree.  Social Work Master's here I come!!!!

Congratulations! :) That is quite an accomplishment! Where are you getting your MSW? :)

• Options

We don't have much planned.  DW has to work on Saturday afternoon (a once a year event), and has been working some crazy hours, so I think the rest may just be downtime.  The reason for all these hours is because she is finishing things up before she starts a new job.  Yay for her, but the stress now is lame.  :)

Congrats to LV!  

I'm disgruntled with graduate school, as I learned that some of my work's policies make me doing the PT program really difficult.  Sigh.  (I had been told previously this was not the case.) 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options

Fri: Work...training for the new job. After work we have to go get Ky from my MIL's. She has strep so MIL agreed to watch her. Then home to relax.

Sat: The normal "Friday" stuff: cleaning, grocery, etc.

Sun: Family pictures!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageLV1979:

Sunday:  Finishing my very last undergraduate assignment EVER!!!!  All I have to say is 5 colleges, 4 majors, and 14 years later and I will be the first one in my bloodline with a Bachelor's degree.  Social Work Master's here I come!!!!

I can't even tell you how inspirational that is to me.  Congratulations.

This weekend--I run my first "race" ever.  It's the culmination of a couch to 5k type program I did this summer, except the race is 5 MILES! Ugh. We talked it all through at practice last night which was really helpful. The scary part is I found out there are only 280 people running (small event to combat childhood obesity) and so I really could/will be in the last group of runners coming in.  I hate all the eyes on me and the encouragement actually makes me feel really awkward and defensive.  The good thing is L is a marathoner so she is going to run/walk the whole thing with me. 

Then--Irish fest and L's brother is coming into town, and we are going out with my bro.  Sibling day!  Should be fun.

Sunday--rest after big Sat and hopefully craft a bit for the nursery.  

Wish me luck Sat--strong legs, tuned out ears, no peeing in my pants bladder.....

Foster to Adopt Licensure Process. Expect to be licensed in Sept or Oct. Looking for infant and older sibling.
  • Options

Tonight Pizza for dinner.  E loves Bertucci's pizza so we will go there early and perhaps hit a park.

We really have no plans for the rest of the weekend.  Perhaps town pool.  I know we are not driving anywhere though.  We have been going for the last 3 weeks.  Moved the 23, left for P-town the 30th, drove home on the 6th, then drove to nh last weekend.  We all need some down time before school starts. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We're spending the weekend on retreat at a local hot spring for my birthday.

Every year my birthday gets lost amongst frantic prepping for Burning Man (big crazy arts festival in the desert the week before Labor Day), so this year we are GOING AWAY to somewhere where we CAN'T work on our preparation lists so that I can actually relax a little and enjoy my birthday, especially since it's my last birthday before we'll be parents! 

• Options

Happy birthday to all birthday girls!

Let's see... Not sure what's up tonight. Maybe a silly show and talking to K? Sounds heavenly...

Tomorrow: We'll take J to the park in the a.m., then we'll have lunch at a neighborhood place we like but don't go to very often.

Sunday: More open houses and maybe dinner with J's godmother.

For folks around Boston, are there particular communities you like/don't like based on schools/LGBT friendliness? We love JP, but a single-family in the area is crazy expensive.

• Options

Friday: Recovering from a 32 hour labor I attended from Wed evening until early this morning. This afternoon my nana and uncle will be here for the evening and we're planning to barbeque.

Saturday: One of C's best friends is here this week and his fiance will arrive in the morning. They're one of our "couple" friends and we usually have a nice time together. We may go on a hike on Saturday afternoon or some other touristy thing.

Sunday: Hopefully a daytrip to Vancouver (if I can get birth back-up coverage just-in-case as my only August birth client had her baby this week and next is not due for a few more weeks). If not, something around here.

Monday: C took the day off since we have guests. Not sure what we'll do during the day, but I'm sure we'll have fund and then they leave in the evening.

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

There is so much to do around the house it is a shame to say that we would rather go out and explore the world rather than attend to those items.

I do know that C is going to mow the lawn. I am going to do laundry and SCRUB the kitchen. Other than that it, it is Panda Express tonight, Starbuck's on Sunday, and a lotta loving on some Kiddos. (Possibly move Little Man in the same room as his sister.)

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageLV1979:

congrats! 

• Options
    image2mommiesinoh:

Fri: Work...training for the new job. After work we have to go get Ky from my MIL's. She has strep so MIL agreed to watch her. Then home to relax.

Hope she feels better soon! 

• Options
    imagemilwjean:

This weekend--I run my first "race" ever.  It's the culmination of a couch to 5k type program I did this summer, except the race is 5 MILES! Ugh. We talked it all through at practice last night which was really helpful. The scary part is I found out there are only 280 people running (small event to combat childhood obesity) and so I really could/will be in the last group of runners coming in.  I hate all the eyes on me and the encouragement actually makes me feel really awkward and defensive.  The good thing is L is a marathoner so she is going to run/walk the whole thing with me. 

good luck!! 

• Options
    imagemilwjean:

Good luck!  I have been on a VERY conservative Couch to 5k program since January and after a few hiccups I can finally run far enough to do an actual race.  I'm thinking of signing up for something in the fall but I have the same discomfort about people watching me/encouraging me while I run.  Glad I'm not the only one!

We have a busy weekend.  Having my best friend over today to make plum jam, then poker night with other friends this evening (my wife plays poker with the husbands/boyfriends; I watch girly TV in the other room with the wives/girlfriends/single women in the group.  Gender roles, hmmmmm?).  Tomorrow some friends are coming over for lunch and to help us install a wall-mounted microwave we've been struggling with (why is house stuff always harder than you think it will be?) and then we're having my family over for dinner.  Somewhere in that mess we need to try to fit in errands and house cleaning, and I need to plant some stuff in the garden.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will get into University of Maryland, Baltimore.  My backup plan is the satelitte program at Salisbury.  Really want to go to UM though because their program is awesome.
    We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"