Minnesota Babies
Options

OB/RE Recommendations?

Hi, I have a friend who lives in the Northern Twin Cities. She has been getting the runaround from her OB and an RE and I want to help her find a good doctor in her area.

she wanted to go in for 7 dpo bloodwork and her ob said they didn't have any appointments for a month ??? Her RE advised her that her only option was IVF without doing any testing.  (she has two children and both were difficult to conceive. She has irregular cycles and she just started charting and it appears to be annovulatory). 

If anyone has any good recommendations that I can pass on to her that would be wonderful! TIA!!

My Little

Re: OB/RE Recommendations?

• Options
    I saw Dr Lisa Mattsen at AMC-Fridley OB/Gyn and then was referred on to see Dr Pavelka in the Unity Professional Building (right down the hall from Dr Mattsen). Dr Mattsen is very compassionate and willing to sit and listen/talk for as long as you need. Dr Pavelka specializes in non-IVF treatments, but if needed, can do all the pre-IVF stuff before turning you over for the actual IVF procedure elsewhere. I loved that he was a very compassionate man who was very forthright (maybe a little blundt). He never promised me a pregnancy, but told me he'd do everything in his power to help me get pregnant. Before we even started with him, he sat down for a 2+ hr meeting with myself and my husband to discuss our situation. His clinic is small, has great hrs (early am as well as weekend). I liked that I saw him every appt, appreciated his nurses, but thought his office mgr was a little crabby. :)
    Wife to an amazing man and mom to three darling girls!
  • Options

I don't have an RE rec, but I LOVE my OB. 

Depending on where you mean by "northern twin cities", it could be quite a drive. I drive 45 minutes one way in no traffic to see him. Dr Hatrung at Hudson Hospital.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went to the Reproductive Medicine Center at the U of M and saw Dr. Phipps. We had been trying for over 2 years and tried IUI's at a different clinic very unsuccessfully. We did one round of IVF and got pregnant with twins. They were absolutely wonderful to go through this with and were amazing.
  • Options

It took us 7 IUIs (100% oop so IVF wasn't an option for us) to get pregnant but we saw Dr. Corfman at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health in Maple Grove.

The dr and staff are wonderful!!  GL to your friend!

• Options

I have seen both Dr. Erickson and Dr. Campbell at the Center for Reproductive Medicine in Minneapolis.

I highly recommend the whole practice in general.  We were successful on our 1st IVF attempt.

• Options
    After irregular/annovulatory cycles for a year, I started seeing Dr. Kuneck at Center for Reproductive Medicine in Minnepolis. He was great and did all the testing to rule out the need to move directly to IVF. He worked with us to start out very conservative with just Femara + Ovidrel to see if I would at least ovulate. After six cycles, we moved to IUI and I am now pregnant with twins after our third IUI.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"