Pregnant after 35
Options

Anyone else hoping to VBAC?

I've been reading the stories on the VBAC board and getting really excited about the prospect. I just can't imagine trying to heal from a  c-section with a newborn and toddler.

Is your Dr. supportive? My doctors are low intervention and very supportive (despite 2 of them being olderish men).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else hoping to VBAC?

• Options

I'm hoping, but I don't have support.  Our state is the highest for c-sections in the country right now.  My OB says it's all "the system" and that I really have no need for a c-section, but the hospital he's tied to has a bann on them right now.  

I've been neglectful in searching out alternatives and have to really get on the ball. 

Having said that, this is my fourth child...and my very first child was the c-section.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's my plan as well.  My Dr. is very supportive but not everyone in the practice is. So if I go into labor when one of the non-supportive Dr's are on my chances (no matter my intent) will likely diminish. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm hoping! I only had a c-section with DS because he was breech. My OB is very supportive, as is the practice as a whole should I have another doctor for the delivery.

Like you, the thought of recovering from surgery while caring for both a newborn and a toddler is NOT appealing.

the boymom is expecting a girl!
    big brothers 12.2009 and 02.2012
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageJen&Louie:

I'm hoping! I only had a c-section with DS because he was breech. My OB is very supportive, as is the practice as a whole should I have another doctor for the delivery.

Like you, the thought of recovering from surgery while caring for both a newborn and a toddler is NOT appealing.

this ... exactly!  dh was breech, so my c/s was scheduled ... and i never labored or even felt a contraction.  my ob practice is very supportive - they are as crunchy as you can get and still be MDs.  also, recovery from a c/s with a newborn was bad enough, but add a toddler to the mix ... please!!!

also, i still feel pretty disappointed about my c/s ... even tho it was the best decision for my son, i still feel like a bit of a failure.  

my job is public health research, so i am always reading scientific journals.  i have read all (and i mean ALL) the latest literature out there about vbac - and based on my circumstances ... the only thing not in my favor is age.  i'm not sure why, but older women are not as successful with vbac as younger ones.  so with that in mind, i'm trying to keep my expectations reasonable ... i will be sad if i have another c/s ... but i want to be able to get over it sooner than the first one. 

• Options

CRAP!  I just read above...  I am HOPING against HOPE for a VBAC, but so far...  I am really plus size, GD and now see that my "old age" is an issue.  LOL  My doc said that even with all that going on, there's no reason I can't do it and be totally successful.  So...  I am eating right and walking every day and doing the pregnancy exercises.  Here's hoping!!!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Cloth Diapers at Nurtured Family
  • Options
    Meh, I just signed my opt for repeat c-sect.  Bicornate uterus on top of other complications does not give me hope for anything else.  Such is life.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am and my doctor is very supportive, which I'm grateful for. As you said, I cannot imagine having to chase a toddler (and not be able to pick him up to snuggle) and care for a newborn post c-section. Best of luck to all my fellow VBAC hopefuls!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm hoping I see a midwife who is very optimistic about VBAC. I am being level-headed though, as I realize because I previously had a c-section it's a good possibility it will end that way again...although I hope not.
  • Options
    I'm jumping on this thread kind of late but add me to the hoping list.  My practice is large and some doctors are more supportive than others.  It seems like me age is making them more cautious than anything.  I'm hoping to go into labor on my own before my due date as they will not let me go past.  Good luck to all of you and keep me posted on your successes!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"