Health & Exercise
Options

Arm exercises...

Can anyone recommend arm exercises that might help keep the flab under control, but not feel totally awkward to do while pregnant?

Push ups aren't feeling so good right now.

TTC #1 for one year with annovulation....
Clomid Cycle #1: 50mg = BFP
=Beautiful baby girl born May 23, 2009
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
TTC#2: BFP Cycle #1, no fertility meds!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Arm exercises...

• Options
    You can still do tricept dips on a sturdy chair, tricept kickbacks with a free weight or tricep extensions with a free weight.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thanks!  I don't know what tricep kickbacks are, but I'm sure I can google it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageHopingForOne:
    Thanks!  I don't know what tricep kickbacks are, but I'm sure I can google it.

I'll try my best to describe it to you... Smile

I find the comfiest position is to get down on all fours and if you can, use a step to put your hands on so that you're upper body is on an incline. Take the weight in one hand and bring your arm up, close to your side. Your elbow should be aiming to the back of the room (always keeping it close to your side) and at a 90 degree angle (so your hand is facing the floor), shoulders down and relaxed, head and neck in line with the back. The action is actually simply to extend your arm at the elbow, bringing your weighted hand from a down position towards the back wall. You don't want any movement happening in your upper arm (always keeping it close to your side), you're simply extending at the elbow and coming back down to a 90 degree angle.

I hope that makes sense!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Yup, I know what you're talking about,except I've always done it standing up and leaning over.  Your way sounds MUCH more comfortable for my back!
  • Options
    I am still going my standard free weigh routines and kept my tone.  I am sure it will come in hand when I am toting LO one around.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Me (33) DH (32) WFHM * Coffee & Beach Addict *Running is my Paxil*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"