3rd Trimester
Options

Delivery Room?!?!

2»

Re: Delivery Room?!?!

• Options
    Just me and my husband.  Our hospital only allows up to two support people (spouse, partner, etc) but even if they had allowed others there is no one else I want in the room.  My folks are nearby and can come when visiting hours start - they'll get a call when I'm heading to the hospital though. 
  • Options

I'm having DH and my mom.  Though, I'm starting to get anxious about having her in there.  We're very close but she's been clingy during the pregnancy and I'm kind of afraid she'll drive me & DH nuts!  Plus, I want that important bonding time with LO and DH immediatly after she's born. 

My in-laws want to be in the waiting room, but I'd rather they just stay home until after the birth.  They live only 5 minutes from the hosptial! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just DH in the room with me. I want it to be a bond just of him and I. My mom has passed away, I might have choosen her as well to be in the room with us during labor for more support.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options

Mom and DH while I'm in labor, while i'm pushing, just DH.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    I barely want DH there. I know this sounds b*tchy, but I'm so over being pregnant that everyone and everything annoys the crap out of my now. I don't want any distracting voices in the room for the birth.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker The Coastal Living Mom Blog: http://thecoastallivingmom.wordpress.com/
  • Options

DH and myself only.  

Our hospital only allows 2 people anyway unless you ok it with the staff and doctor before hand then they may let you have 1 additional person, 3 total. 

• Options
    My husband only. I don't need an audience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The plan is to have DH, and our moms if they want. I'm close to my mom, and she's helped me so much, so that's why I'm allowing her in. DH is my MIL's only surviving child (my SIL died nearly two years ago, and never had a child), so I'm allowing her in the room. In saying that, if either of the moms start on my nerves, DH is in charge of evicting both from the room. Also, the delivery room are big, and the moms are to stay behind me. I also would like them to go out and let everyone know everything is ok after delivery, so DH and I have time with LO before all the visitors come. Yes, I have ground rules and if they are broken, only DH will be allowed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ugh.  My husband and the required medical professionals were there. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH, doula, my mom, and my bff. Bff will probably have to step out during pushing though because they only allow 3 people in the room for that part, but she is on my birthing team to help me during labor and keep me from going insane.

image image Visit The Nest!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It depends on how I and DH handles labor, lol. We're both FTP so I'm not sure how either one of us will handle labor & pushing esp DH. During my labor I'm ok with close friends and family coming and going. As for my mom, that's still up in the air because I really don't know how I'll feel about her being there for the pushing and we may need the extra support for both of us. :)  His mom is completely out, good lord, I would be surprised if she sees our LO before he's 6 months old.  DH has a step mom that I love dearly but I don't want her in there either.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    DH and my Mom. Mommy cried when I asked her if she would like to be there! She is really really excited. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    For the actual delivery, just DH (and assorted medical people of course). Right now, the plan is to let the parents (we have 7 total between us!) visit the room in early stages of labor, I am pretty sure they will all be in the waiting room :) But I have already told everyone I reserve the right to kick them out at any time if it gets too intense, I've never done this before--my friend said "make sure you have a code word so DH knows they need to leave" and I said my code word is get out now lol :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    This is our first child, and she's a miracle baby (was told several times I'd never be able to get pregnant!) so everyone is very excited on both sides of the family.  For sure it'll be the hubby and my mother.  Not exactly too sure about the MIL bc hubby said she was not at the hospital for the births of her other grandchildren.  I know we'll have PLENTY of visitors in and out during the entire process. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"