Trouble TTC

cramping a couple of days after trigger shot?

Hi girls, this is my 1st round on meds so not sure what is normal and what is not, i did my trigger shot on Sun morning, and i have been cramping today, i know it's too early for AF, but i think it's too early for implantation as well, am i right? i am not that hopeful this month as we only had sex on Sun (twice) and Monday night, we should probably done it Tues and Wed as well but that didn't happen due to having a stupid fight and we couldn't get passed it to have sex again so it will be a miracle if i get preggo this month!
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: cramping a couple of days after trigger shot?

• Did your doctor not tell you that the trigger shot induces ovulation about 36 hours afterwards? So, if you took it Sunday morning, then you would have Oed late Monday night or early Tuesday. It is quite normal to have cramping after ovulation and does NOT mean implantation or AF.

Have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility (or anything about getting pregnant for that matter)?

And using the term "preggo" makes you sound juvenile.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• There is no need to be rude to anyone here on this board. I dont understand where the attitudes come from.
    My world, my son, Hunter Michael, born 10/5/12
    Due with #2 on 6/4/14

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give 
    a hope and a future"-Jeremiah 29:11
  • Loading the player...
  • Kelnyc, thanks for your kind response, i like the term preggo, preggars as well and plan to use it often when i become preggo again.
  • imagechitwngal2010:
    Hi girls, this is my 1st round on meds so not sure what is normal and what is not, i did my trigger shot on Sun morning, and i have been cramping today, i know it's too early for AF, but i think it's too early for implantation as well, am i right? i am not that hopeful this month as we only had sex on Sun (twice) and Monday night, we should probably done it Tues and Wed as well but that didn't happen due to having a stupid fight and we couldn't get passed it to have sex again so it will be a miracle if i get preggo this month!

The cramping was probably due to ovulation.  I get cramping around ovulation all the time.  

After 15 cycles and 3 rounds of clomid (50mg) we got our BFP.

Lots of luck to my Golden Girls
  • thanks jersey girl! but i find crazy rude girls on here funny, talk about juvenile! haha i just started laughing when i read her response.

• imagepurplehydrangea:

imagechitwngal2010:

The cramping was probably due to ovulation.  I get cramping around ovulation all the time.  

this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is my 3rd IUI (with trigger...) some cycles I had cramping, some not.  Completely normal, and yes it's way too early for implantation.  Your timing actually sounds really good though!  GL!
    TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• I usually get cramping when I O. This was our first medicated round with trigger and I can tell you I had tons of cramping the day of IUI. I triggered on a monday and we were instructed to have sex Sun and Mon. The cramping got better as the day went on after IUI. Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagechitwngal2010:
    Kelnyc, thanks for your kind response, i like the term preggo, preggars as well and plan to use it often when i become preggo again.

Ugh. Ick!

Anyway, I had a lot of cramping all throughout my medicated cycles. I cramped right after the trigger shot pretty severely for the next 48 hours or so, but still had a lot of cramping throughout the 2WW as well. Not sure what it was all about, but didn't end up in a BFP.But that doesn't mean yours won't - just that I think it's a pretty normal occurence. Yes, it is too early for implantation.

Even though you use the above terms, I wish you the best of luck!

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • imagejerseygirl612:
    There is no need to be rude to anyone here on this board. I dont understand where the attitudes come from.

You may think I was rude, but it frankly comes from shock that she is taking a potent fertility medication and doesn't even know how it works. Being that uninformed scares me for her and I am entitled to say so. Take it for what you will, and I am entitled to share my opinion of the use of the term "preggo" and all its variations.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"