Pregnant after 35
Options

Failed Glucose Screen. And that's the highlight so far.

I'm not usually an Eeyore by nature but - ugh. I would just love to hit the rewind button and start today over.

1.)  My best buddy - my 12yo black lab - has a 'concerning' hump (cyst type thingy  but it's enormous) on her shoulder blade.  The estimated cost break down to have this thing "taken care of" is super-duper expensive.  Truthfully, if this were cancer or something else, I don't think I want to know.  Me and this dog...I will just be so, so, so sad if she gets sick.  She has seen me through my darkest days and I HATE that money may become a factor when it comes to her care.  ugh.  I feel extra bad, too, because I've been calling her Quasimodo all summer.  I thought it was a normal cyst and it would go away.

2.) My blood counts are really low (Iron, Vit D and Vit C) for no explainable reason. Also, my BP is super high - also with no reason.

3.) I broke down and bought a giant smiley face cookie (I think the phrase 'eating my feelings' could be applied in this situation) at the cafe in my office.  I never give in to temptation.  Well, hardly ever.  I've inhaled 2/3's of the cookie when my Dr. calls to tell me that I failed my glucose screen.  I literally had a giant bite of sugar-coated sugar cookie in my mouth when she told me this. 

Nothing anyone can really do - I think I just mostly needed an audience.  Thanks.

~Married 11/08~
~TTC since 01/09~
~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
~BFN - 02/11~
~IUI #1 03/15/11~
BFP 3/28/2011
Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

Re: Failed Glucose Screen. And that's the highlight so far.

• Options
    Ugh, I'm sorry.  What a day =(  I really really hope everything turns out ok with your best buddy.  I have two little best buddies, and I cannot imagine anything happening to them.  Don't feel badly about calling her Quasimodo, there's no way you could have known that it was not something that would go away. You were just being affectionate with her!  I hope that your counts and BP normalize, and that your 3 hour glucose test turns out fine.  I have heard the screens are notorious for false positives, so I will keep my fingers crossed for you.  HUGS!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

ok, if anyone deserves a break today, it's you.

sorry about all the news.  tomorrow has to be better!!!!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow and I thought my day was bad yesterday!

I failed my glucose test too. I was told if I had not heard anything by two days then I passed. They called after 6 days! Not by much just 5 points so now I have to take the 3hour tomorrow.Sad

See if there is a vet school or place that trains vet assistants nearby. They might want to use your dog to teach. It still costs but not as much.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Options

I just failed my test as well. I have my 3 hour tomorrow. 

We had a dog that had a huge lump that they biopsied first. The biopsy was not too much maybe 500 in total. Then the surgery to remove it was about 2500. We had a big dog so maybe that will help you figure out a pricing structure with the vet. FYI we did not have any additional issues for 4 years with our dog. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

what a day.  I am sorry you had such a bad day.  i failed the 1 hour test too but passed the 3 hour with no problems.  good luck with you dog.  when i was pg with my ds my dog got a very bad cancer.  she was my best friend.  she had been with me through a lot.  i know what you are going through.  i hope that turns out okay. 

i hope today is better for you.

image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Aw, thanks so much guys!  It's a wonder what a good night of sleep can do for a person!  I was so very, very tired yesterday that I couldn't cope with even the smallest obstacles.

I spoke with the vet myself today (my DH took her in for the appt) and have a much better idea about what is going on/how I feel, etc...He even offered to let us pay on a payment plan b/c we've been with them for so long.  Relief.  yay for good docs!

I'm really shocked that so many of us are failing the 1 hour screen.  I thought I was kind of odd-man out.  It's nice to know that so many people end up doing fine with the 3 hour test.  I'm not going to worry about it until there is something to worry about.

Thanks so much for the words of encourgement and support.  Things just seem so darn insurmountable when I am exhausted. 

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"