Baby Names
Options

Help me find a middle name for Ryan (girl)

Hi! Please help me find a middle name for Ryan. Our last name ends in N, so we're trying to avoid a middle name ending in N. Thanks for your help!

Re: Help me find a middle name for Ryan (girl)

• Options
    What about something girlie like Elizabeth, Marie or Isabel?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    something ultra-feminine so people know she's a girl
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAimesH:
    What about something girlie like Elizabeth, Marie or Isabel?

Ryan Elizabeth is my choice. It gives her a classic choice if she ends up not liking her first name.

Pregnancy Ticker Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly - Langston Hughes
  • Options
    imagemj.reilly:

imageHannahO28:

This

This x100
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageMelrose10:
    imagemj.reilly:

imageHannahO28:

This

This x100

+1

• Options

Hi, I know your not asking for opinions on your LOs name. But have you ever thought about adding an extra N (Ryann) to the end so her name would look more like a girls name?

Here are a few middle names I really like:

Anabelle
    Emily
    Lilliana
    Noelle
    Nicole

Hope that helps!

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageplunderb:
    imageMelrose10:
    imagemj.reilly:

imageHannahO28:

This

This x100

+1

The only problem is that if her name just appears as Ryan Lastname, it won't even matter.

That said, I agree it needs to be balanced with something feminine like Elizabeth, Sophia, Camille, Beatrice, Annabelle, etc.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options
    imageMrsDarga:

Hi, I know your not asking for opinions on your LOs name. But have you ever thought about adding an extra N (Ryann) to the end so her name would look more like a girls name?

Here are a few middle names I really like:

Anabelle
    Emily
    Lilliana
    Noelle
    Nicole

Hope that helps!

Oy, please don't add an extra N. People wouldn't pronounce it Rye-an then it'd be Rye-Ann.

I actually like Ryan for a girl, it's one of my guilty pleasures. Ryan Elizabeth is really nice.  

• Options
    imageMrsDarga:

This.  I went to school with a Ryann (pronounced Ryan).  She usually had to tell teachers how to pronounce it on the first day because most people said Rye-ANN, but I'd rather have that then have people assume my daughter is a boy.  I agree with PPs- a VERY feminine mn would balance it out!

• Options
    ryan alexa
    ryan alexis
    ryan alexandra
    ryan alexandria
    ryan isabella
    ryan alexia
    ryan eliana
    ryan marianna
  • Options

I like Elizabeth.

::: bites lip trying not to talk you out of giving your girl a boys name :::

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options
    imagekrissyh21:

I like Elizabeth.

Ditto. OP, maybe you would be interested in this article? Not to influence your first name choice but just to understand some possible happenings? https://www.youcantcallitit.com/2010/09/07/why-boys-names-on-girls-are-not-always-a-great-idea/

• Options
    imagekrissyh21:

I like Elizabeth.

mustn't...begin...typing...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagekrissyh21:

?I like Elizabeth.

?

This?

BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Sabrina, Vanessa, Catherine, Alicia, Colleen, Audrey
  • Options
    imagekrissyh21:

I like Elizabeth.

Yup. This.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    If you're really naming your daughter Ryan you need a super feminine middle name so you know she's a she.
    * DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • Options

I think you could pick the girliest, most feminine middle name and people are still going to think she's a boy on paper.

I recently dealt with an HR rep named "Ryan" through email for several days before finally talking to her on the phone (after addressing her as Mr. So and So each time). When we spoke, I apologized, but she said she got it all the time and that she blames her mother. I was embarrassed for both of us...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I know a few Female Ryans irl and unlike what some posters on this board love to say they actually really like their name.  They didn't get made fun of any more or any less than other kids for a million other reasons!  Its an easy correction for a teacher to be told once that you are, in fact, a girl.  I also don't think the Governement is going to start issuing arrest warrants anytime soon for female Ryans.   There are also lots of people with very boring common traditional names that wish their names weren't so bland.   To each their own...  Grass is always greener.. blah blah blah!

To answer your original Question I agree with many other PP's that a feminie MN just flows nicely with it-   Ryan Patricia, Ryan Alexandra, Ryan Paige, Ryan Grace

• Options
    My name is Ryanne and my middle is Marie.  I would defiantly go with a 'girlie' name.
  • Options

imageryry1977:
    My name is Ryanne and my middle is Marie.  I would defiantly go with a 'girlie' name.

I don't think you understand what "defiantly" means.

• Options
    imageapc1929:

I know a few Female Ryans irl and unlike what some posters on this board love to say they actually really like their name.  They didn't get made fun of any more or any less than other kids for a million other reasons!  Its an easy correction for a teacher to be told once that you are, in fact, a girl.  I also don't think the Governement is going to start issuing arrest warrants anytime soon for female Ryans.   There are also lots of people with very boring common traditional names that wish their names weren't so bland.   To each their own...  Grass is always greener.. blah blah blah!

To answer your original Question I agree with many other PP's that a feminie MN just flows nicely with it-   Ryan Patricia, Ryan Alexandra, Ryan Paige, Ryan Grace

I think Ryan is a very boring common traditional name. The only thing that makes this name "fresh" or "exciting" in this instance is that people generally expect a penis to accompany a Ryan.

• Options

My late brother was named Ryan, so my other brother named his daughter Caylee Ryan. IMO, this was an acceptible usage of male name on a female.

I would also like to incorporate Ryan into my child's name, but not a female first name.

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"