Philadelphia Babies

Main Line Daycares/Pediatricians/OBs

Hi,

My husband, 20 mo old son, and I may be relocating to the Narberth/Ardmore area.  Any advice on local daycares?  I have done tons of google searches, but am having trouble finding actual reviews by parents. 

Also, to further complicate our potential relocation, I am expecting #2 in January.  Any advice on OBs that deliver at Lankenau or Bryn Mawr would be greatly appreciated, as well as local pediatrician recs.

Thanks so much!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Main Line Daycares/Pediatricians/OBs

• We use Bryn Mawr Pediatrics... they are great.  I do not have a rec. for an OB bc I was unhappy with mine.  Good luck!
  • I recommend McConnell, Peden, Belden, and Finnegan who have an office and deliver at Lankenau.  I think they see patients in one of the other Main Line hospitals but I don't remember which one.

As for daycares, I have heard good things about the Bala Cynwyd School for Young Children and the Bala Cynwyd Kindercare.  I am sure there are more, these are just those that I am sure of.

Our pedi is in Roxborough, you probably want one closer to Ardmore.... 

• Loading the player...
  • I also use McConnell's OB practice and they are fabulous.  They deliver at Lankenau but also see patients at Paoli.  

We use Maddie Weiser's pediatric practice in Wynnewood.

For Day cares, you can look up the Keystone stars website which is the PA accreditation and search by zip code.  There are a lot of good day cares in the area but there are waiting lists for many of them (at least for infants).  That site is a good start.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks so much to all of you for the helpful information!  The potential move is a bit daunting, so this definitely helps!
  • Daycare - Play and Learn

Ped - CHOP of Haverford.  We love Dr. Offit

OB - Main line women's health in Rosemont.  I see Dr. Dardarian and really like him, I've had good and bad experiences with some of the other docs there.

• I go to Main Line Lawrence Park OB/GYN...Dr. Randolph Heinzel. He is excellent. The office is located in the Lawrence Park Shopping Center and delivers at Lankenau Hospital .
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    image Our Furbaby Beaker imageimage
  • My Pedi is with Advocare and we see Dr. Michaelson and she has an office location in Narberth & Paoli. I go to the office in Narberth. I have seen a couple of the doctors in that pratice and have not had a problem with anybody. Dr. Michaelson is great and the office staff is nice & friendly.

The daycare we go to is in Upper Darby and the OB/GYN I just started going to with this pregnancy is Dr J. Gersh. The office is located in DCMH and he also deliver there. I have been happy with him so far.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We just moved to Ardmore a couple of months ago (we love it!). DS is currently at Play & Learn and we like it, but we're switching to Cambridge School b/c it's very, very close to our house. I take the train to work, and it's on my walk there in the mornings. We've heard good things about both schools. I just really "clicked" with the director at Cambridge. DS will be in the 1-year-old room but the infant room is very nice.

We go to CHOP Care at Haverford (I think that's what it's called). We just had our first appt last week with Dr. Giombetti. He was very nice and, I think we'll like it there. I've heard a lot of good things about the practice.

I don't have any OB recs. I want to deliver at Pennsylvania Hospital again, so my OB is in center city.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome to the area! We use Dr. Wenonah Nelson (Bryn Mawr Pediatrics) as our pediatrician and she's wonderful as well as the other 2 doctors in that group. I am also looking for an OB and I've heard great things about Dr. Barsoum at the Lankenau Medical Center. As for daycare, New Gulph Childrens' Center hands-down is the best in the area. You won't find a better place - they provide gourmet meals, their teachers have been there for decades and their program is play-centered! Can't say enough about it! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"