Multiples
Options

feeder and grower ?

Hi!

I posted last week about my 34 week twins being in the special care nursery for feeding and growing...well we are still here.  Making progress every day and getting anxious to go home!

For those of you who had feeders and growers...what were the goals they needed to meet in order to be discharged?  

Just curious what others have experienced.

TIA! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: feeder and grower ?

• Options

Just to make sure they were gaining weight every night and were taking full feeds and were able to regulate their own body temps. 

8 days for both boys for me. 

They were born at 34.5

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMADforever2009:

Just to make sure they were gaining weight every night and were taking full feeds and were able to regulate their own body temps. 

8 days for both boys for me. 

They were born at 34.5

Yep, temps up, 8 oral feeds, weight gain.  Mine were 10 and 13 days at 34.5w too.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our boys were born at 34.5 weeks and were in the special care nursery for 12 days...They had to be eating well, maintain their temps and show good weight gain...GL!!!
  • Options
    I had 34 weekers too, and they had to maintain body temp in an open crib, take all of their feedings by bottle or breast with low residual amounts, and stay on an upward trend of weight gain for I think 7 days.  Im pretty sure thats all they had to do...   they were in the NICU for 18 or 19 days.

Spontaneous Di/Di twin boys born at 34 weeks on 02/21/2011
    Baby #3 due January 2016
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

We had a couple days of breathing issues, but 90% of nicu time was feeder grower.  They had to maintain and increase their weight everyday.  They had to eat a certain amount of food without falling asleep or being gavaged.  They had to pass the room air (probably doesn't affect you) and car seat challenges.  I think that's it.  

Annabel was in the NICU for 12 days and Mack was in for 19.  They were born at 36w1d 

GL!  They'll be home soon! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    They had to take in a certain amount of formula each day.  Along with having to maintain their body temps.

My girls were born at 33w 4d and were there 13 and 14 days.
  • Options

Thanks so much,

Pretty much sounds like what we need to do.  They need to take all 8 feedings by mouth and then they take the feeding tube out and they monitor them for 24 hours.  They can take as much or as little as they want and then they calculate how many calories they got in that time.

Paolo is very close- feeding tube is coming out tonight.

Cecilia is a little bit behind him- she is having heart rate drops while feedings because she is taking too much and then choking- she can get out of it herself but a low heart rate drop gets her more time there... :-/

Thanks again! 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"