TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Am I welcome here?

Good morning! I would like to start taking part in 6+, if it's okay with you guys. My name is Melissa, I'm 28 and my DH is 25. We began TTC last August and were thrilled to get a BFP on new years eve, only to be devastated two weeks later when I had a natural miscarriage at 6w. We were given the okay by my OB to begin TTC right away, so we did. Here we are now at the end of cycle 13 TTC, 8 since our loss. Three and a half weeks ago I began seeing a new OB who performed CD3 bloodwork on me and an SA on my husband. The SA was normal, my labs showed elevated FSH and estradiol. We met our RE for the first time last Wednesday and developed a tentative plan. On CD3 I will be going in for an antral follicle scan to either confirm or rule out DOR. I will also be scheduling an exploratory laproscope. If everything looks good I'll likely be on Femara with FSH injections, a trigger and TI to begin with. I'm struggling to figure out where I fit right now. TTCAL has been my home for so long, but I feel like I'm dealing with an added dimension a lot of them are not. 3T and IF don't seem like good fits either right now, since our loss is a big part of me. I hope that I will be welcome here, I'm looking forward to both giving and getting support.
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
BFP #4 June 2014 CP

Re: Am I welcome here?

• Welcome to the board hun.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
  • Of course you're welcome here! I'm sorry that you have to be here, though. I hope that you get good results on your follie scan.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome!  I hope your stay is short (for good reasons only)!
    Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • Welcome to the board.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Hi:). I can totally understand what you're foing through. I just started seeing an RE last month and through my testing found out I do have DOR. Did you have your AMH tested? That is what my RE used to diagnose me-I haven't had an AFC. We are starting IUI next month and if that doesn't work IVF I'm sorry you're dealing with this - it seems unfair to have to deal with IF and loss! I hope your AFC scan goes great!

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

• imageMandaS08:
    Hi:). I can totally understand what you're foing through. I just started seeing an RE last month and through my testing found out I do have DOR. Did you have your AMH tested? That is what my RE used to diagnose me-I haven't had an AFC. We are starting IUI next month and if that doesn't work IVF I'm sorry you're dealing with this - it seems unfair to have to deal with IF and loss! I hope your AFC scan goes great!
    I finally got my AMH from my OB yesterday, it was 1.02. My RE said he wouldn't be too concerned about DOR unless the AFS showed problems, but my OB freaked out about the FSH, estradiol, and AMH levels. So I'm trying to relax and go with my RE on this. I hope that your first IUI is successful!
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Thank you for the welcomes Smile
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • I'm glad you're RE is NOT freaking you out more than you probably already are!  I keep telling myself that a number (whether it be AMH, FSH, ect) is just a number and until we try different treatments options we have NO idea how it will work for ME.

Good luck!!!

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

• Welcome, Lovey :)  I made the move for the very same reason...I just didn't feel like I "fit."  This seems to be a safe outlet in that "quieter, closer" way.  TTCAL is great, but some days it's nice knowing that I'm not going to be constantly comforting the newbies, KWIM?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMissa_g:
    imageMandaS08:
    Hi:). I can totally understand what you're foing through. I just started seeing an RE last month and through my testing found out I do have DOR. Did you have your AMH tested? That is what my RE used to diagnose me-I haven't had an AFC. We are starting IUI next month and if that doesn't work IVF I'm sorry you're dealing with this - it seems unfair to have to deal with IF and loss! I hope your AFC scan goes great!
    I finally got my AMH from my OB yesterday, it was 1.02. My RE said he wouldn't be too concerned about DOR unless the AFS showed problems, but my OB freaked out about the FSH, estradiol, and AMH levels. So I'm trying to relax and go with my RE on this. I hope that your first IUI is successful!

Did they check your inhibin B levels? There's different schools of thought, but my RE thinks that inhibin B is a better marker of DOR than AMH. Esp for someone who is borderline AMH (in the 1s/low 2s).

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• imagedamabo80:

imageMissa_g:
    imageMandaS08:

Did they check your inhibin B levels? There's different schools of thought, but my RE thinks that inhibin B is a better marker of DOR than AMH. Esp for someone who is borderline AMH (in the 1s/low 2s).

That has not been tested. I'll ask my RE about it at my next appointment. Thank you!
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Welcome hun!! 

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• (((HUGS))) and welcome.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"