April 2011 Moms
Options

not STTN anymore.

What happened to my little boy who slept from 9:30-6/7? Please tell me he will come back soon???? He now wakes up at least once a night. :( Soooo tired. Now not only do i get up to pump once a night, but now i'm getting up with him also.... :( 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: not STTN anymore.

• Options
    Ugh, this is us too.  Except last night, it was midnight, 2, 2:30, 3:30 and then 5:00.  I feel dead.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Im right there with you. Up at 11 and 4 to eat. Up for the day at 5:30. Im on my second cup of coffee.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageGrace0609:
    I do find it interesting that all of us who have responded have babies that are 3 months and 3 weeks old!  Makes me think it MUST be an age thing??  I don't necessarily remember it with my first, but I may have blocked it out!

Well I break the mold then because my LO is 3 months 3 weeks and was up every 3 hours at least until this week when we got our first two 7 hour stretches.   Before this week I don't think I had slept more than 2 hours at a time since before he was born.

Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Options

I'm breaking the trend.  LO has slept until this week from 8:30 PM - 5ish AM.  This week it's been hell trying to get her down to sleep even though she's tired and she's been waking up at least once and sometimes twice to eat.

Last night was the worst.  She went down really easily at 7:45 PM, then was up at 8:30pm, then 11pm, then 1:30am, then 3am, and finally at 5am when I just said screw it and got up to start my day.  I'm at work currently and dying.

• Options
    I am right there with you. We just de-swaddled this past weekend so I'm assuming that's our reason but last night DD went down at 8:30 and was up at 11:30, 1:30, 3:00, 4:45, & then up for the day at 6:30 (which is when she normally gets up anyways) Luckily she doesn't have to eat when she wakes up, just wakes up talking and moving around in her crib. She's really loud on the monitor and just keeps waking herself up more if we don't go in there. Last night she took a lot longer to put back to sleep than she normally does. I miss my baby that slept 8:30/9-6:30!!! I wish I drank coffee!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh.my.God it's been horrible here. Really perfect during 1st tri let me tell you... I finally got 6 hrs out of him last night and I'm sure that's just because he screaed like a possessed baby and refused naps all day. The worst part is that when he wakes up after 4 hrs or whatever he's wide awake. It just took 2 hrs to get him to sleep after sleeping 6.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    We're in the sh!t over here, too.  I didn't know how good I had it!
    It took 5 failed IUIs and a failed IVF, but our FET worked!
    My pregnancy after Infertility Blog
    Our baby girl was born on April 27, 2011!
  • Options

SAME. Though DD was never a SUPERB sleeper  - we got a few 6-7 hour stretches. Not anymore. The last 2 weeks have been not so fun.

I try to tell myself HAVE PERSPECTIVE!!! I have a 3 y/o, so I know it HAS to get better. But I also know these stages just come and go, no notice.. and yeah.. that's life! 

• Options
    Nice to know I'm not alone and that this will end eventually... she used to sleep for 6 hour stretch, then 3 and 2 hours but now she's up almost every 2 hours. This is temporary right? She didn't nap ALL day yesterday, but surprisingly she wasn't as awful to put down last night as I expected. I miss sleep SO much...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I kind of wondered if that whole "four month wakeful" thing was a myth, but it's so not.

Sorry to everyone who is sleep deprived!

• Options
    We are also experiencing the 4 month wakeful. It stinks, but this too will pass.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    wow! I got 6 hours once out of DD. A trip to the beach at 10 weeks really got us messed up and she was waking every 3 hours after that. We are just now getting 5 hours (8pm to 1 am) then up at 4 or 5 then up for the day at 8. this is changing because I am going back to work. Hope to only get up once a night soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imageGrace0609:

imagelbgriffith:
    Ugh, this is us too.  Except last night, it was midnight, 2, 2:30, 3:30 and then 5:00.  I feel dead.

Yes!  This is exactly where we are at, too!  Last night he was up at 9:30pm, 12:00am, 2:45am, 5:00am and 5:30am when I finally stopped trying.  Two nights prior, though, it was up at midnight, up at 2:30am, then up every hour after that until 5am.  He's killing me.  My son looks like he is about the same age as yours, so I am hoping it is a temporary stage?!

Anyone further along had it get better yet?  My son was sleeping 7pm-3am-5am prior to this and it was a wonderful thing.

omg. i thought i was going crazy. i haven't had more than 2 hours of straight sleep. i think i'm actually getting used to the delirium. 

i'm also having a hard time putting him down. he won't sleep unless it's on me! i gave in the last 2 days because i'm soooo tired, and any sleep is good sleep.

when will it end!?! 

• Options
    imageScout05:

I kind of wondered if that whole "four month wakeful" thing was a myth, but it's so not.

Sorry to everyone who is sleep deprived!

Oh yes, it certainly isn't! My LO STTN since 8 weeks for 10 to 12 hours. Four month wakeful has her up talking, yelling, rolling and anything else. We just go in and sooth, she goes back to sleep. Last night I let her talk and talk. I had to turn the monitor off and open our doors instead! 

Hang in there girls!

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"