1st Trimester
Options

When could I feel my uterus hardening?

Just a random question that I am not even sure has a real answer. Right now I am super early and not expecting to feel much, but I am constantly pushing around under my belly button, trying to figure out where my uterus is and if it is "hard". Could any of you feel your uterus? If so, when could I expect to feel it?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: When could I feel my uterus hardening?

• Options
    Until 12ish weeks, your uterus should still be inside the pelvic cavity and difficult to actually feel around for.  After it starts to pop up from there, though, you should be able to feel it.
  • Options

Be patient! Don't worry so much girly! I know when I was 8w4d I had my first appointment and other than a positive pee test they confirmed nothing. I worried for three weeks straight until my ultrasound where everything was perfect. It helped me to journal the hopes and dreams and excitments I have for this pregnancy rather than to search for signs. Ps- I am 13 w 2 d and I just started to feel my uterus expand within the last 4 days.

Happy bun baking

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKarley0212:

Be patient! Don't worry so much girly! I know when I was 8w4d I had my first appointment and other than a positive pee test they confirmed nothing. I worried for three weeks straight until my ultrasound where everything was perfect. It helped me to journal the hopes and dreams and excitments I have for this pregnancy rather than to search for signs. Ps- I am 13 w 2 d and I just started to feel my uterus expand within the last 4 days.

Happy bun baking

Karley0212, I am 13 weeks today and am wondering what it actually feels like when the uterus gets hard and expands.  I definitely have a bump now, but I am unsure if it's uterus or just fat/big belly!  Ha ha!  What does it feel like when your uterus expands and/or begins to harden?  How does it feel on the inside, and how does your tummy feel on the outside? 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

• Options
    I am a bit overweight and with my DS (my first) it was about 14 weeks. My flab began to feel hard. My tummy just feels normal right now with this one!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Lie flat on your back and press gently just above your pelvic bone.  Do you feel anything hard?  When you can feel something and push on it, it's like there's a small cantaloupe resting in your pelvis. 

This may be tmi, but you could try this immediately after an orgasm which will cause your uterus to contract so it gets really hard and may be easier to find.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Mine only popped up at 11 weeks, before that, I felt around and there was nothing. Around 11-12 weeks is when it will move up, then you'll notice it, and likely have a little bump too. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"