Cincinnati Babies
Options

St. Elizabeth Edgewood family birth place tours

I don't know if anyone else gets the What's Happening in Kenton County newsletter, but mine arrived yesterday and there was a blurb about how the St. Elizabeth Edgewood branch has expanded its birth place place and is offering free tours of the new facility. There are new recovery units, private triage rooms, surgical suites and a pre-natal area now. 

The tours are once a month on Sundays. We signed up for the October 16th tour (1:30pm). Apparently they're filling up fast... so if you're thinking of doing the Edgewood branch, you might want to call and book a tour just to see what it looks like now. I'm really excited to see the changes. My bff gave birth there last September and it wasn't stellar (not horrible either, just not as great as Good Sam from what I remembered when my cousin gave birth there almost 4 years ago).

You call 859-301-2229 to book the tour. August is already filled, September was open and October just had a few spots filled.

Also, the article mentioned that Florence consolidated all its birth rooms to Edgewood so you can no longer give birth at the Florence location. They still do check ups and things like that...just no giving birth. I didn't know they were planning on doing that so I found that interesting. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: St. Elizabeth Edgewood family birth place tours

• Options
    I delivered at the St. E in Edgewood and had a wonderful experience.  I had the best nurses in the world.  I hope you like what you see on the tour I really enjoyed my experience with them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We delivered our first at St E and our second at Good Sam. I think if there were a third..(which their won't be!) I don't know if I could pick between the two. There's pros and cons to both, IMO. The l&d room at Sam was fantastic, but I liked staying in the same room at St.E. St.E is so much easier to navigate for visitors. The LC's at Sam were better, but we also didn't need as much help with nursing #2. But I do like that St. E is a baby friendly hospital and is so supportive of breastfeeding.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies, ladies! We'll likely go with St. E - Edgewood because it's closest to where we live. Actually, the Covington location is closest but I don't think they do births there.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    FWIW, I delivered at St. E's with my first child, and I had an absolutely wonderful experience.  I thought the rooms (which were the old rooms at that point) were very nice, and I liked that I stayed in the same room.  The LCs were immensely helpful both when I was an inpatient and then afterward, and my nurses were so supportive.  I had to be switched to Good Sam with my second because she had some health problems, and my experience was very good (I won't deliver there next time if all is well because my docs only deliver at St. E's), but I definitely recommend St. E's!
    Brady 7/29/2009 Avery 4/1/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"