September 2011 Moms
Options

PSA: Shout Color Catchers

These may help shorten your laundry time if you're washing baby clothes, blankets, etc. ahead of time. I did a bunch of baby laundry 2 weekends ago and threw one or two of these in when I had quite the mix of colors and had no issues with the colors running. I also washed on cold too, like I do all of my colored clothing so I'm sure that helped as well.

Those items that were almost completely white or in that category did go separate, but it would have been madness if I tried to wash by like colors. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: PSA: Shout Color Catchers

• Options

Great tip! I wondered if those worked.To bad I didn't have some when I washed her clothes over the weekend. One of her light pink sleepers came out with dark blue spots on the back. I really thought I had sorted the colors but I must have missed something.

BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageKellieD6708:

Great tip! I wondered if those worked.To bad I didn't have some when I washed her clothes over the weekend. One of her light pink sleepers came out with dark blue spots on the back. I really thought I had sorted the colors but I must have missed something.

They definitely do work, my mom used them and I got the idea from her. Sorry to hear about one of her sleepers. She'll probably make it even more messy though so don't get too upset about it. Stick out tongue

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm with you lyse!!!  Those things are awesome!

I bought them after my (first and only) laundry disaster (*ahem*, DH's white shirts are pink) and will always keep them in the house!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you wash your clothes with cold water you shouldn't need to use a color catcher. I wash mixed loads with cold water all the time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebackinpgh:
    If you wash your clothes with cold water you shouldn't need to use a color catcher. I wash mixed loads with cold water all the time.

This.  I wash everything in cold except towels.  But good to know those color catchers work.  I'll probably still use one when I was LO's clothes this weekend just to be extra cautious.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imagebackinpgh:

Shouldn't, but I've had it happen before. Reds and dark blues have run on me before, even with cold water. Always when it was brand spankin new though. 

• Options

Do you guys think these things really work? I put my faith into them and did some (of my own) laundry this weekend-- and a lot of white/ pale stuff came out kind of drab. 

FYI, if you have a front loading washer (for example, if you're like me and have to rely on communal laundry in commercial machines), you have to put it in a lingerie bag, or else it'll get stuck in the front and won't circulate. 

• Options
    imagejupiterthecat:

Do you guys think these things really work? I put my faith into them and did some (of my own) laundry this weekend-- and a lot of white/ pale stuff came out kind of drab. 

FYI, if you have a front loading washer (for example, if you're like me and have to rely on communal laundry in commercial machines), you have to put it in a lingerie bag, or else it'll get stuck in the front and won't circulate. 

I sure do! Especially if you see color on the sheet, and not ran all over your clothes. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"