March 2011 Moms
Options

Toys

What kinds of toys are you getting for your baby or what are their favourites? Do you have ones that you refuse to have in your house?

I'm one of those moms who doesn't like electronic/noisy toys. I'm also not a big fan of tons of plastics. We do have an exersaucer and I love that. We have a wooden jungle gym thingy (very technical term). Mostly we he have a lot of plush or wooden toys. My favourite place to get toys is ikea because they are cheap and have a lot of the wooden/plush toys that I gravitate to.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Toys

• Options

I don't like noisy toys, but I don't ban them from my house or anything.

Right now DD's favourites are some rings from her tummy time mat (she hated the mat though), her Sophie, some teething "keys" (License to Drool), a rattle, a mini Sophie, and a couple teething rings. Most of them were gifts.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    The more lights and noise the more Ethan plays with them.  Actually anything with lights.  He loves the lights on my laptop.  He also likes his plush books.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My little man is really into anything that plays music.  His absolute favorite right now is Scout.  I caved and got him a Sophie and that is his favorite thing to chew/slobber on.  He basically likes anything that he can shove in his mouth these days.
  • Options
    Addy loves anything with tags on it or that makes crinkly noises. I just got her a set of 4 cloth blocks with different textures and tags on them. 2 crinkle and 2 have bells inside. She LOVES them right now. I try to stick to under $10 and really only got them because she's almost 6 months so I needed something more "advanced". Although she did drop them to climb over to a stack of neatly folded burp cloths to play with those instead lol.
    Bre Wrties
  • Options

Brook's favorite toys at the moment are her chime rattle bird (Bright Starts pink bird), a multi-colored bug (I have absolutely no clue where we got it, it magically appeared one day it seems), and a beaded teether ring. 

I know it doesn't apply now, but as she gets older, Bratz are NOT allowed inside our house.  They annoy me to no end.  I don't mind Barbies, but it bugs me how people threw such a fit over Barbie (who had multiple careers and showed girls they could be anything they wanted to be) not being realistic in size and then come out with the Bratz dolls which are dressed like little skanks and no one seems to have a problem with it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageDefiantRose:

Brook's favorite toys at the moment are her chime rattle bird (Bright Starts pink bird), a multi-colored bug (I have absolutely no clue where we got it, it magically appeared one day it seems), and a beaded teether ring. 

I know it doesn't apply now, but as she gets older, Bratz are NOT allowed inside our house.  They annoy me to no end.  I don't mind Barbies, but it bugs me how people threw such a fit over Barbie (who had multiple careers and showed girls they could be anything they wanted to be) not being realistic in size and then come out with the Bratz dolls which are dressed like little skanks and no one seems to have a problem with it.

they look awful. that makeup! i also plan to steer clear of lots and lots of princess attire. i just don't like anything about it.  dress up is fine. but theres other stuff besides being a princess.

Bre Wrties
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"