TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Update and questions about progesterone levels

My doc always orders a blood draw to check progesterone levels one week after IUI to make sure that I ovulated. After my last IUI my level was 10.45. According to the reference chart, that confirms that I ovulated because post-ovulation levels are 10-25. I had another IUI last week, got my blood drawn yesterday, and my progesterone results this time was 28! That seems like quite a difference, but I'm not very knoweldgable about progesterone levels. Can they vary dramatically from cycle to cycle?

I would like to think that it's an indicator that I'm pregnant, but I am doubting that. Today I am 8dpo and I don't feel pregnant at all. So I'm wondering what else it could mean.

I am thinking that since this result was almost 3x my last one and it exceeded the 10-25 guide they gave (albeit only slightly) might mean something. But what if they just fluctuate a lot? Am I grasping at straws here?

What have your levels been like?

Re: Update and questions about progesterone levels

• High progestrone normally indicates a 'stronger' ovulation.  Mine varied quite a bit from cycle to cycle...by far my highest was on both of my pregnancy cycles.  So while its not a good indication of being pg - a good number is a good start to getting there.

I'm hopeful for you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks! After doing a little more digging around on the internet, I think maybe my numbers were so much higher this time because I ovulated two follicles instead of just one. From what I read, that can increase the progesterone level.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have not had a draw for pregesterone levels checked before, so I don't really know ANYTHING about it.  You may be grasping at straws, but maybe not.  We all do it, grasp to as many straws as you need.  I really hope it is a good sign.  FX!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageheathergirl67:
    Thanks! After doing a little more digging around on the internet, I think maybe my numbers were so much higher this time because I ovulated two follicles instead of just one. From what I read, that can increase the progesterone level.

Yes - its a very good indicator of that (which ovulating 2 vs 1 always increases your chances!).  I know my numbers were drastically different on the cycle I ovulated two

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ticker warning

I just wanted to say good luck, i know the cycle we did IUI and i had my progesterone tested it was high, can't remember the number though, darn it.  But i guess it could be b/c i ovulated 2 eggies but i also got my bfp that cycle so you never know!!  and i cried continuously b/c i just knew the IUI didn't work, i was dead wrong!  GL!!!!!!!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • imagebabes12:

Ticker warning

I just wanted to say good luck, i know the cycle we did IUI and i had my progesterone tested it was high, can't remember the number though, darn it.  But i guess it could be b/c i ovulated 2 eggies but i also got my bfp that cycle so you never know!!  and i cried continuously b/c i just knew the IUI didn't work, i was dead wrong!  GL!!!!!!!! 

Yep, this is about where I'm at right now. Today is 10dpo and I have no symptoms at all. I hope that things turn out the same way for me as they did for you. Thanks for the encouragement!

• Not sure what the numbers mean, but FX for you!!!
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Are you on progesterone suppositories or PIO? If not....that level would make me think pg too!

I hope so!!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"