Hawaii Babies

New Mom in Hawaii

Hi everyone!

I've been just looking through some of the threads and am glad to see so many of you regular mommies on the bump.  I'm a new mom of almost 3 month old baby John (May 19, 2011) and we're here in Hawaii this summer.  I'm looking to see if there any mommies who are getting together for play dates.  I'm originally from Maui and went to college here at UH Manoa.  We currently reside in CA but frequently return to HI for at least 6 months of the year.  I would love to meet more moms and learn more about what I'll be expecting from my newborn.

Thank you,

Joy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New Mom in Hawaii

• Welcome! A lot of us are actually not in Hawaii but were from there, married there, or just like this board =) Hope you're enjoying your summer in Hawaii!!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • ditto - we were married in Hawaii but don't live there.  there are a few local girls on here, though, so hopefully they will chime in soon :)  we're all happy to have you here, though, and look fwd to getting to know you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi!

If you would be on Oahu email me yourjem@yahoo.com. My daughter was just born in July and it would be nice to get to start a playgroup for her age group. 

Julie 

• Hi Joy & Julie!  If you are on Oahu, you might be interested in the Meetup group I belong to.  It's called C.O.F.F.E.E. and it's a great place for families and keiki of all ages to socialize, learn and have fun!  Here's a link: https://www.meetup.com/centraloahufamilies/
  • Thanks, inamra!  I am enjoying being in Hawaii but we just bought our tickets to return to the bay area on 09/13 for a couple of weeks.  We're debating where to celebrate Halloween weekend.  In Hawaii or in SF?!  Are you in Hawaii?  If so, are there any cool places to go with our NB to see other kids in their cute costumes?
  • Hi Jaime!  Thanks for your reply.  I feel so welcomed!  If any of you are in the bay area or in Hawaii please let me know and hopefully, we can meet up!
  • Hi Julie!  Will send you an email from my personal email account.  Thanks for your response!
  • Thank you, MrsNicole&Brian808!  I just joined the group!  Hope to meet you too!
  • imageJohn3:
    Thank you, MrsNicole&Brian808!  I just joined the group!  Hope to meet you too!

I saw your profile!  Julie joined, as well.  Smile  I hope to meet both of you soon!  As for Halloween, the local malls usually have trick-or-treating.  And depending on which community you live in, some of the rec centers/community centers usually have family-friendly ToT events.  I'm sure there will be many events posted on our COFFEE Meetup calendar.

• imageJohn3:
    Thanks, inamra!  I am enjoying being in Hawaii but we just bought our tickets to return to the bay area on 09/13 for a couple of weeks.  We're debating where to celebrate Halloween weekend.  In Hawaii or in SF?!  Are you in Hawaii?  If so, are there any cool places to go with our NB to see other kids in their cute costumes?
    Glad you're enjoying your summer! I'm actually in the bay area =) but unfortunately, since I'm suffering from hyperemesis with my pg, I can't physically go out for quite a while (I only leave my house--or bed/couch--to go to my dr appts or my IV infusions). But there are also several good mom groups on Meetup for this area so you should definitely check them out if you're looking for playdates in the bay area too!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"