April 2011 Moms
Options

If anyone has changed Dr's within the same office...

Please help!  I'll call LO's pedi "Dr. M".  Now, Dr. M is nice enough.  She seems to be a pretty capable dr, but her bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired.  DH and I (independently of each other) have had to bring DS to the pedi twice in the past little bit and Dr. M was not in so we saw Dr. D.  Both of us came to the conclusion independently that we love Dr. D!  She was so good with DS and was so nice to DH and me.  We would love to switch to Dr. D, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes at the office.  We've had to see this new dr. when Dr. M was out so my fear is that if the new dr. is out, we would have to see Dr. M and it might be weird since she would know we changed.  Am I overthinking this?  Has anyone done this before? 
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If anyone has changed Dr's within the same office...

• Options

Not exactly the same thing, but I switched OBs within the same office. It was a little awkward the couple of times I ran into my old doctor, but it was worth those brief encounters for how much happier I was with the new one. My OB - the one who I switched to - saw us through three losses, two d&c's, RPL testing and then thankfully our pregnancy and my c-section. I absolutly love him and am so glad I didn't let my concern over it being a little weird get in the way. It made all the difference during the last year and half to have a doctor I trusted and liked as much as I did.

Switch if you like the other doctor better, and don't worry about it. At the end of the day, you have to like the medical professional you are working with, and not every doctor is going to be a good fit. They shouldn't take that personally or give you a problem about it.

• Options
    I think you should switch, even if it is awkward.  I haven't done it with ds or dd, but I know that our doctor's office is so busy that they probably wouldn't notice.  The nurses might, but who cares?  My primary care physician is technically Dr. M, but I always request to see Dr. B because he's my kids' doctor and I'm familiar with him (obviously they're family doctors not pedis). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had originally chosen 1 doctor, but at Juliana's 1 week appt he made me feel like a total failure as a mother (long story).  I made the next appt with him and then called and asked to switch to another doctor.  There are like 9 doctors in the practice and I think that's pretty common to switch.  I love her new doctor, although she's on maternity leave for the next couple of months.  But there are a couple others I've met and love too!  I just won't go back to that first guy ever again.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"