Inland Empire Babies

Birthing Options

Hello there!

My insurance (Aetna) is preventing me from going to a free standing birthing center. So now that I'm being "forced" to give birth in a hospital, I was wondering if someone could offer their opinion on which hospital is better; Parkview or RCH?

I didn't want to give birth IN a pool, but I wanted to have a tub so I could labor in it and I've heard that both of these places don't have tubs in the rooms, is this true?

Anyone have any experiance with natural birth at any one of these hospitals?

Re: Birthing Options

• Hi!

Someone posted about Parkview and RCH awhile ago on the IE Nest board and I gave a breakdown on the pro's and con's of each. We ended up using Parkview and had a very good experience. Here is the link to the post:

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/54181958.aspx

In regards to the birth center and your insurance, did you talk to someone at the birth center who deals with billing and insurance? Do you have an Aetna PPO or HMO?

I only ask as we have Aetna and I really want a home birth the next time around. I recently spoke with a local midwife and she said that if you have a PPO, Aetna will deny the claim as it's not in their provider network and then we would have to resubmit it. She said she has never not had them pay but it's a process to get them to cover it and they do eventually due  to a loop hole of them not having any midwifes in their network. It was all a little confusing but it made sense when she explained it. She said if I were to call them and ask if it was covered they would of course say no. HMO would not be covered at all.

If you ultimately have to deliver at hospital, I would take some childbirth classes that are geared towards natural childbirth and also consider hiring a doula. Our doula was hands down the best money spent!

Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• If you want you can read DD's birth story, I have it on my blog:

https://lifeinblissfulness.blogspot.com/2010/08/ivy-maes-arrival.html

Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"